1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Porque

Well, at least with Donnarumma the coach won't have to pretend we have a GK good with his feet and force him to play like that against Bayern, and a good bonus he will be saving some of the goals.

This.

Also don't forget that the 8-2 by Bayern was coaches by Messi+Suarez.

Bobo32

I guess his main positive for you is his ability with his feet?
He's also a good shot stopper, but yes, he makes sure that there is little use for opponents to press high, Barcelona can usually control their own buildup because of the keeper. This is a bigger effect than if he stops 50% or 60% of a certain type of shot, it influences the teams entire style and how they can be set up both with and without the ball.
I think his style annoys a lot of people. Evidently it does, it's alot of moaning about his facial expressions, that he screams too little etc. But also his playing style, he is usually not diving for the ball or attacking the attacker, but rather positioning himself in a good spot and covering. In my video he saves a lot of 1v1:s, but it's easy to see these saves just as misses by the attacker...
Just because I write a sentence saying x, y or z it doesn't mean I don't also think of several other things. Do you think my opinion is only the exact things I write? If so that's utterly bizarre. Roberto was very good for a few years. He's been trusted based on that and ALSO due to poor recruitment and ALSO PARTIALLY living off reputation as a la masia player and that goal.
I just think that goal is a peripheral thing, and that users here should not care too much about it or assume that he is living off of that goal in the minds of anyone making decisions for FC Barcelona. I even doubt there are any fans thinking Roberto should be judged more highly because of that goal, but I've seen a lot of posters pointing towards that goal in the same way you did, almost making it a negative thing in a strawman or demon-like way.
Yes he is a la masia player who can play a lot of positions and who mostly does well, he never had potential for more than a squad player which also made some people underrate him after they found that out...

FinBarcelonafan

Considering how shitty the whole team often was defensively it's hard to blame the keeper, or any single player.

I mean how often have we seen little defensive work from forwards + slow, weak midfield opponents could just walk by + slow defenders making mistakes left and right...idk, but i think even prime Kahn would've conceded quite a lot :lol:

Not saying ter Stegen is particularly amazing but i think there isn't much to be proud of for the whole team when it comes to defending against strong opponents.

True but he didn't make any crucial save either. Not Big leader what goalie is supposed to be.

Goalkeeper should give your whole team confidence.

But yes, Barcas defense is utter garbage. Team effort defensively is zero.

FinBarcelonafan

kante does his job the best. is he a big leader?

Yes. He seems to have balls in big games.

PL, CL and World Cup winner.

Of course not every player fits the category. Personally I don't think Messi was good captain with Barca. He tends to sulk too much.. BUT Messi was good captain for Argentina in Copa. He raised his level as a captain. Didn't sulk when things looked bad.

Hopefully he can bring same joy to Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
are courtois or oblak big leaders?

Both make clutch saves or big saves in big moments all the time. Don't know about the leader part, but I don't even care about that if you can command the backline as a GK should and make big saves when needed.

Something we've not seen from ter Stegen for a while now. To make matters worse he has knee issues. He's had injury problems with his knee for the third consecutive season now.

Home of Barca Fans