1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

raedkuwait

Really ?, is this how much you dislike MATS ?, so if Kepa or de Gea were offered to us in exchange for him, would you accept the offer ?

In a heart beat this guy in 7 matches conceded 30
Goals, year after year he fails, its not like its a one
Time bad game. Plus he radiates fear and unconfidence
From his eyes and all teams know it.

CatalinR10

Wow wow wow, MATS fall from fans favourite to fans number 1 public enemy is just as sad as our financial predicament.

he's not the 1 public enemy but seeing how top keepers performed at the CL , Euro and Copa America makes more and more Barca fans turn bitter about him.

I was one of his biggest defenders/fan but watching more non barca related games and the competitions mention above made me be impressed even by random easy gk saves just because Mats doesn't even do those anymore , not to mention world class saves or such.

Sad that Barto turned us into this mess cause I feel really bad about not getting Donarumma , and this was my regret even before the Euros. With him I would have felt confident as fuck at every corner that we'll have a giant coming out from the goal and defend/grab corner kicks rather than seeing Mats be a bitch and stay in the goal even at crosses that come 1 meter in front of him.

It is what it is tho.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, ter Stegen is out until October I think.

So the first La Liga games will be with someone else. Hopefully not Neto.

Hopefully one of the guys in pre-season impress so much that player starts in the league and performs well enough for us to move on from MAtS and his high salary unless he reinvents himself and finds his level from 2015 where he was quicker on his feet.

Barcilliant

He is a fucking clown. Useless. I wonder why our management think he's good? Other great keepers perform in big matches and save their teams. This fucking pretty boy does the opposite. When we're going bad he collapses and can't even make a simple pass. His performance against Bayern was the worst I've witnessed by a Barca keeper in 30 plus years of being a fan.

Rory

Fine I'll bite the bait. People here have not said he never saves a shot. If that was the case and it was true he wouldn't even be a goalkeeper. The saves in this video are standard saves. One or two at most are good saves. He has statistically let in more goals than he should this last season. On top of that his passing for the last two years has lead to serious chances from opponents far too often. He's poor at collecting from corners and finally does not inspire confidence in the team.

I have a feeling you'd prefer ter stegen to prime Buffon. Would I be correct in saying that?

Rory

On second thoughts, that video is a parody aimed at taking the piss out of ter stegen surely? Some of the shots are just soft hopeful 30 yard efforts straight into his arms. The video is titled "Legendary saves by Ter Stegen 2021" surely that's someone taking the piss :lol:

Bobo32

Fine I'll bite the bait. People here have not said he never saves a shot. If that was the case and it was true he wouldn't even be a goalkeeper. The saves in this video are standard saves. One or two at most are good saves. He has statistically let in more goals than he should this last season. On top of that his passing for the last two years has lead to serious chances from opponents far too often. He's poor at collecting from corners and finally does not inspire confidence in the team.

I have a feeling you'd prefer ter stegen to prime Buffon. Would I be correct in saying that?

It was a bit in reference to catalinutz post above.
If you think all but a couple of those are standard saves, can you show me a season compilation of another goalkeeper making saves that are better than standard?
And a couple of the saves are Coupet level great in the comp I posted.

I prefer prime Stegen to prime Buffon for prime Barcelona yes. Buffon was great playing for teams great at defending. I can see him being the GOAT keeper, but if he went to Barcelona with Zambrotta, I can see him being just as found out tbh.

Porque

We can't do better than ter Stegen given our current financial predicament.

Donnarumma was an opportunity if we were able to approach the market normally- which we can't. And even then, it is not worth the long term contract renewal instability that Raoila would provide. Qatar and PSG is a different proposal altogether. Let's see how his demands swing with Kheilifi.

I don't think guys like Kepa or De Gea would be an improvement either btw.

Rory

It was a bit in reference to catalinutz post above.
If you think all but a couple of those are standard saves, can you show me a season compilation of another goalkeeper making saves that are better than standard?
And a couple of the saves are Coupet level great in the comp I posted.

I prefer prime Stegen to prime Buffon for prime Barcelona yes. Buffon was great playing for teams great at defending. I can see him being the GOAT keeper, but if he went to Barcelona with Zambrotta, I can see him being just as found out tbh.

You think this video shows Ter Stegen being a very good keeper. I think it doesn't. It's not then on me to provide you evidence of other keepers doing something similar. It's irrelevant what other keepers have done.

What is prime Ter Stegen? Genuinely curious what year or timeframe you believe that to be.

malvolio

Donnarumma was an opportunity if we were able to approach the market normally- which we can't. And even then, it is not worth the long term contract renewal instability that Raoila would provide. Qatar and PSG is a different proposal altogether. Let's see how his demands swing with Kheilifi.

would like to see donnarumma in a similar scenario to our 2-8 vs bayern. his goal being constantly bombarded, defense in front of him being shite and being asked to play with feet and distribute the ball under pressure.

people overreact as per usual and get on the latest hype train as if their trying not to be left out or something.

Home of Barca Fans