1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Yannik

Blunder? Most of the time what he did there works and a goal would've been more likely had he not interfered. Unfortunately it fell right to Stankovic who took it perfectly.

agree, what Neuer did was the perfect example that you should never judge a decision by its outcome.
the probability of Milito winning 1on1s is a lot higher than Stankovic hitting 40m volley stunners. He did everything right and still lost out, bad luck.
But in MatS case it was totally unneeded to do that in the first place.
Its unfortunate, because I see him as a guy who has a very fragile self-esteem, a blunder can make him quite a reliability. I hope for him that he can make some saves to make up for it, a cup loss for his mistake would blow him away.

Hummelsbauer

agree, what Neuer did was the perfect example that you should never judge a decision by its outcome.
the probability of Milito winning 1on1s is a lot higher than Stankovic hitting 40m volley stunners. He did everything right and still lost out, bad luck.
But in MatS case it was totally unneeded to do that in the first place.
Its unfortunate, because I see him as a guy who has a very fragile self-esteem, a blunder can make him quite a reliability. I hope for him that he can make some saves to make up for it, a cup loss for his mistake would blow him away.

I cannot help but agree with your post. The untrained eye is quick to mock a goal keeper (ex-goal keeper here btw =) )

I find it hard to tell someone's mental state from the Television but I would also guess Ter Stegen to be the more emotional and less the cool type of goal keeper who can shrug it off and just keep on going.

F

Flavia

8 goals in two matches. :lol:
Seriously, clearly it's not all his fault but he has a big part in it.

But keep on snobbing Bravo. :rockon:

I don't think there is much Bravo could had done differently, with that disaster of defense in front of him.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
No close call today, he actually got punished for risky and unnecessary moves at last...

Can't really blame him for the other three goals, but he looks very low on confidence...

dakt

Not a single save by him. If he will stay on the goal line with this defense...he'll be very, very busy bee.

Galning

People are blaming Ter Stegen for going down with the ship. While players like Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Suarez, etc. also went down with it. New scapegoat have been found: Marc-André.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Despite not being at fault for the last three goals, he looks like he doesn't even wants to be there, he lacks confidence at the moment and that clearly shows, not even his footwork is working for him...

He at least should be screaming at the pathetic excuse of a defense we have, instead of making puppy eyes when we concede... Give 'em hell!

zanela

Bayern fans intent on making MAtS look like some mental weakling. lol He's made mistakes at a young age, and it didn't blow him away, he conceded Barca's first set of goals in our first defeat last season when Bravo was on a record goalless run, and that didn't blow him away either.

"Properly" how? Most of the goals weren't ter Stegen's fault. I doubt Bravo would save any of those.

Nvm flavs. I'm hoping Lucho gives him a break for now. It was criminal to have a keeper play behind that defense at a venue like San Mamés. Should just play Bravo and let MAtS take over organically, if/whenever that happens.

Home of Barca Fans