1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Chainsaw

Killahead
Another fantastic showing,set the tone for the defense with his wonderful header and uncanny awareness.

giphy.gif

EdmondDantes

He's not making a case for himself so far this season. We can all see he's a great talent but I would say he's at least 2 or 3 years away from being the level we need. Bravo should keep the gloves for that long.

dakt

People are blaming Ter Stegen for going down with the ship. While players like Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Suarez, etc. also went down with it. New scapegoat have been found: Marc-André.

Don't you think that out of 8 goals, he could at least make one world class save?
And what could have Messi done with our shitty defense and disconnected midfield?
For Suarez I can agree. He was spending most of his day in offside.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
This shaky defence is exposing him big time !

I can't blame it on him for all the goals, but still he didn't seem to be doing much to help either, very static ..

barcanuck

Despite not being at fault for the last three goals, he looks like he doesn't even wants to be there, he lacks confidence at the moment and that clearly shows, not even his footwork is working for him...

He at least should be screaming at the pathetic excuse of a defense we have, instead of making puppy eyes when we concede... Give 'em hell!

Agree with this. It's not all on him but damn even for German u21 he let in 5. Now 8 in 2 games. He hasn't had a great summer that's for sure.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
While Bravo is more solid and of course the more experienced of both right now, this forum is a travesty every time the team doesn't blow away the opposition.

If people on here were in charge of Atletico/Manchester United in De Gea's case, Schalke/Bayern in Neuer's case, Chelsea/Atletico in Courtois' case then none of these three GKs would have made it this far, simply because people here are way too naive or stupid to figure out that every GK at this age makes mistakes and doesn't have the experience or solidity of a 35 year old, especially in this case where the guy don't even play consistently which is very important for GKs at his age.

The best and most recent example is of Jan Oblak. If people here think this guy sucks then they didn't see how Oblak started at Atletico last season. Was shakier than ter Stegen have ever been for FC Barcelona, but towards the end of the season when Moya got injured, he started several consecutive matches and looked like a different player altogether. Why?

Consistency & Confidence.

Now, if Bravo starts LL and MAtS plays the cups this season then there's nothing anyone can do, but I hope he gets the starting position in the league in the season after or is loaned out, because there's no point to give him sporadic game time and expect him to turn it up vs the elite of Europe when he doesn't get consistent minutes. It isn't even difficult to understand, it's common sense if you've watched some football and followed the development of Goalkeepers.

Coming back to the first point,

For the time I've been here, I've seen the fanbase around here hold the moral highground when it comes to judging our players vs how other fanbases judge their players and respect their legends and I've come to the conclusion that our fanbase, atleast on this forum and social media like Twitter is as ridiculous, as naive, as stupid as all the other fanbases out there. For the time I've been here, I've seen people downright shitting on current and former players, on legends, simply because they committ the outrageous crime of not doing as YOU expected. As YOU wanted. Because they didn't say what YOU wanted, because they didn't win with 5-6 goals like YOU wanted, YOU feel the need to shit on them.

I mean...people here were shitting on Messi, yes, on LIONEL MESSI in the 2013/14 season when he was out of form, when he was struggling, and people here wanted to ship him out and called him various things, for not caring about Barca, for not doing this, and not doing that, and then people got the nerve to bash other fanbases?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans