1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

V

vigneshFCB

Really? Are you really dead serious about that claim?
Robben's importance for Bayern's game 2014/15 is comparable to Messi's importance for Barca 2012/13, even if the player himself may not be as good.
Robben is Bayern's MVP.
Lewandowski was at maybe 50% and even hindered by a physical object right in his face.
Alaba was injured, who is crucial for Bayern's left side (next you are probably going to dispute that Alaba is easily one of the three best LBs alive). Oh, right, speaking of the left flank. A certain Ribery was also missing, who Bayern had no replacement for.
Badstuber and Martinez were also missing, with Martinez being arguably the best holding midfielder of 12/13 and originally planned center piece of Pep's envisioned three man line of defence being somewhat of a blow. Badstuber, while playing only rarely the season due to injuries, is still one of Bayern's three best CBs even if only barely fit.
Benatia was far from being in full form or fully match-fit, having only recently recovered from one of his many injuries that season.
Lahm was also back just for a few weeks after a long injury, which clearly showed in those two matches, as he was just not agile and fast enough as he used to be.

I may have even missed a few, but how ANYONE, even a Barca fan, can claim that Bayern's injury problems last season were not much worse, let alone not even as severe than Barca's in 2013, is COMPLETELY beyond me.

And that was the last word from me on this topic, as it is a) derailing this thread, and b) I got an important exam coming up in 2 days which I definitely still have to do some preparation to do for.

The bookies know who the best team in the world is, my friend. Accept it.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Not delusional. Yes Barca bottled it yesterday. But we are talking about frequency of bottling..Barca 'bottle it' less than Bayern (as proven by treble win). Therefore, Barca are better than Bayern - Barcelona are more attacking and play more beautiful football than Bayern. How can you dispute that Barca are better than Bayern? Bayern bottled it last season by parking the bus against Dortmund, and failing to win Dfb Pokal. It seems that Bayern are very happy to play Chelsea-style on occasion. Also please stick to 2014/15 and 2015/16 season.. 2012/13 is too far back to be used in current evaluation of teams.

Definitely the last word this time:
ARE refers to a condition in effect at this current moment of time, not a period of 10 years. Are they at this current moment of time? Probably. Do we know for sure? No.

Your example of Bayern vs. Dortmund just shows the lack of logic in your arguments. Neither did Bayern park the bus in that match, nor did they bottle it in the traditional way, as that match was CLEARLY robbed from them in at the very least two instances by the ref. He even apologized for it afterwards ffs.

JamDav1982

Really? Are you really dead serious about that claim?
Robben's importance for Bayern's game 2014/15 is comparable to Messi's importance for Barca 2012/13, even if the player himself may not be as good.
Robben is Bayern's MVP.
Lewandowski was at maybe 50% and even hindered by a physical object right in his face.
Alaba was injured, who is crucial for Bayern's left side (next you are probably going to dispute that Alaba is easily one of the three best LBs alive). Oh, right, speaking of the left flank. A certain Ribery was also missing, who Bayern had no replacement for.
Badstuber and Martinez were also missing, with Martinez being arguably the best holding midfielder of 12/13 and originally planned center piece of Pep's envisioned three man line of defence being somewhat of a blow. Badstuber, while playing only rarely the season due to injuries, is still one of Bayern's three best CBs even if only barely fit.
Benatia was far from being in full form or fully match-fit, having only recently recovered from one of his many injuries that season.
Lahm was also back just for a few weeks after a long injury, which clearly showed in those two matches, as he was just not agile and fast enough as he used to be.

I may have even missed a few, but how ANYONE, even a Barca fan, can claim that Bayern's injury problems last season were not much worse, let alone not even as severe than Barca's in 2013, is COMPLETELY beyond me.

And that was the last word from me on this topic, as it is a) derailing this thread, and b) I got an important exam coming up in 2 days which I definitely still have to do some preparation to do for.

Ok if you are adding recently injured players then Barca can add Xavi to the list against Bayern in 2013.

Or even players out of form...ad Iniesta.

Bayern had injuries it happens to every team and nothing Bayern can have compares to Messi not being fit. Robben comes nowhere close to that.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Ok if you are adding recently injured players then Barca can add Xavi to the list against Bayern in 2013.

Or even players out of form...ad Iniesta.

Bayern had injuries it happens to every team and nothing Bayern can have compares to Messi not being fit. Robben comes nowhere close to that.

You were the one starting to add unfit players.

V

vigneshFCB

Definitely the last word this time:
ARE refers to a condition in effect at this current moment of time, not a period of 10 years. Are they at this current moment of time? Probably. Do we know for sure? No.

Your example of Bayern vs. Dortmund just shows the lack of logic in your arguments. Neither did Bayern park the bus in that match, nor did they bottle it in the traditional way, as that match was CLEARLY robbed from them in at the very least two instances by the ref. He even apologized for it afterwards ffs.

Bayern did not dare to actually play to win. Yes Bayern won 1-0, but that was like a Chelsea-style win. Bayern score a goal, then park the bus. Dortmund had 25 or so shots compared to Bayern's 5, I think. It shows that Bayern cannot go toe-to-toe against Dortmund, a team who were then bottom of the league...
And yes, we DO know for sure that Barca are better. If Bayern had won a double, we wouldn't be sure. Then only could they at least have competed with a treble.
Also, the bookies make Barca the clear favourites for CL. They know it....and you should know it as well.

KingLeo10

ryu needs to stop being so sensitive about how bayern is perceived on a barca board. do you really expect the benefit of the doubt to be in bayern's favor on here?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

No. But sometimes, I like to argue. ;)

And seriously now... back to topic please? :p

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Meaning to say, he had a couple of brilliant saves in that match, whithout which Bayern may have even advanced after all. He conceded 3, yes, but he also had at least three heroics in that match IIRC.

Ney smiley was there for a reason mate

serghei

Is relevent how? Oh yeah, it isn't.

Maybe it's not. It just shows that having all players fit doesn't mean you can't lose to a better team on the night. Not having Robben and Ribbery is not an excuse for not shooting at least one time on target during 95 mins on Camp Nou. That is beyond embarassing, but Bayern's poor away games in CL were well documented last season. 1-0 at CSKA, 2-3 on Ettihad, 0-0 with Shakhtar, 1-3 with Porto, 0-3 with Barcelona. 2 Wins, 1 Draw, 3 Losses. Roma was the odd case in the mix.

If you had you whole team fit, but Neuer injured or suspended, you would've probably lost the game worse than you did. The matter of fact is that Bayern played 2 times an in form Barcelona in the last decade on Camp Nou. One time you received 4 goals in one half (and a clear pen. not given to Messi). And the other time 3 goals in one half. It just happened that when Barcelona and Bayern met (3 times) in the Champions League in the last decade, one team was clearly more in form than the other, so, naturally, all 3 ties were one-sided (to the point that the return leg of all 3 ties ended up being almost dead rubbers).

Our win vs Bayern on Camp Nou is just as legit as Bayern's win, 4-0 on the Allianz. Don't pretend it's not. The difference was the return leg and how teams choose to handle that game -- which was very different. Bayern wanted to humiliate us even more and they did, and us just wanted to be in the final, and nothing else.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans