Basketball/NBA

Sailor Mars

Just have to laugh at how things have gone for KD. Just a soft and sensitive superstar with no leadership ability.

Looking forward to seeing how Luka and Kyrie mesh on the court.

khaled_a_d

The idea is to get the ball out of Luka's hand to someone Luka himself can trust.
Kyrie has that, he did it with Lebron and Harden.
The fit on offense between those two is my last worries, the fit in defense, off court issues, along injuries.
All are bigger issues

El Gato

Villarato!
His contract expires in summer
This is standard low-risk punt trying to get a consistent 2nd scorer next to your established star in need of help

I wouldnt read into it too much, he's such a dweeb mentally he's unlikely to stay beyond June

KingLeo10

Huge achievement.

LBJ clearly owns the longevity title in basketball at this point, while MJ holds the peak/prime level.

Makes me realize how spoiled we are with Messi - both the highest peak/prime level and also the greatest longevity (13.5 years between CL and WC wins as the main man) :lol:

Windhook

Great achievement!

I think Doncic has the potential to break the all-time points record. He hit the pedal the same age as LeBron. The only issue might be Luka's physical shape later in his career. He looks like a McDonald's customer compared to LeBron at age 39.

Hardy

Great achievement!

I think Doncic has the potential to break the all-time points record. He hit the pedal the same age as LeBron. The only issue might be Luka's physical shape later in his career. He looks like a McDonald's customer compared to LeBron at age 39.

nah, not happening, for a comparison Doncic in 5 seasons missed already 55 games, Lebron to reach that number needed 12 seasons:lol:, pretty much he started to deal with injuries only since he went to the Lakers, before that he never had issues.

Windhook

nah, not happening, for a comparison Doncic in 5 seasons missed already 55 games, Lebron to reach that number needed 12 seasons:lol:, pretty much he started to deal with injuries only since he went to the Lakers, before that he never had issues.

Yeah true, LeBron had an injury free career in prime years.

I think those 55 games missed are not big factor in this. LeBron since leaving Cleveland in 2010 hasn't posted a season above 28.0 pts per-game, not counting the last two with Lakers as he missed a lot of them due to injuries. His Miami Heat years were largely economical in points distributed with Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen.

I said the above, because Doncic is a prolific shooter and when he goes 40+ pts it's something normal to many, executed regularly. Luka might not have the longetivity of LeBron but I think he'd come close.

Would have said the same for James Harden ten years ago, glad they removed those pump fake free throw fouls.:lol:

khaled_a_d

Most NBA players who lasted that long was freak of athletes mate. People has this false narrative that technical players last long, but it is the opposite.

MJ, Vince, KG, LeBron were all freak athletes, even the likes of Dirk and Kareem was freakishly quick for their size.

Highly doubt Luka will have that durability tbh, he will most likely age like a football Busquets.

Windhook

Most NBA players who lasted that long was freak of athletes mate. People has this false narrative that technical players last long, but it is the opposite.

Reggie Miller, nowhere near athletic phenomenon, played until almost 40 at Indiana Pacers.

Speaking of franchise players, they last longer than average NBA.

El Gato

Villarato!
If it weren't for his RM mentality it'd be a guarantee Doncic will become a fat slob the moment he wins something (either MVP or one title). Yet to see whether he's a Hazard or a Messi

At the moment he's basically a more talented TMac sans Yao

Sailor Mars

Lebron probably got excited today about Westbrick being shipped out for D'Angelo Russell, only to come back to reality after the Suns acquired KD.

Home of Barca Fans