Basketball/NBA

Gnidrologist

KP was one of those cases where he is good enough to be best player on a bad team, but not good enough to be best player in a contender.

In the Knicks they treated him as the future and gromed him as such, so when he had to be Luka's sidekick it was an issue.

He had the tools to be a great pick and roll player, but he wanted to be fed in the mid range, but this kills the offensive flow, and Rick Carlisle is the greatest offensive coach the NBA has ever seen (not an exaggeration) so he moved him as 3Pt line to be more catch and shoot.

His failure to learn that P&R has cost him, Luka and the Mavs the chance to be a legit dynasty. That and his health
Yeah, i get that. Not even big fan of his. Just wondering why he hasn't got any certain role in any of the teams he played. He'd be great at some top European teams, but NBA seem to want him still because of his peculiar physique and skills. Will probably always be a role player rather than someone, who can decide matches. Seems to be good in defense so that's already a plus for most coaches, even if attacking potential doesn't get maxed. Weird to see such a tall guy be more of a jack-of-all-trades than certain position and role.
Yeah, I know Davis Bertans well as a fan of San Antonio Spurs and he's very similar to Vezenkov, specialty being the 3PT shots. Many great Euroleague players don't last long in NBA, not because they are not great, but they cannot adapt to the street ball of the league. That trend is in reverse now with more Euro coaches coming to NBA.
He was crucial in our best run at international b-ball recently being a hair away from semis in recent WC. A typical team player, who fills certain role and works hard, but doesn't have any "swag".

iniestaGOAT

What do you make of my countryman Porzingis? He also seems to be victim of this new trend, where initially would be PF with ability to penetrate or pass around the "box" or whatsitscalled in the b-ball, but instead most of the time i see him roaming around 3-p line. He's good shot from there for a really tall guy, no doubt, but i'm dissapoint that he didn't focus on becoming more of the menace from up close apart from random dunks and put-backs. With his height he could hook the opponents to death, but instead he chooses to be 2.20 Steff wannabe.

He is a fragile human being.
He can't stay inside and hang with the bigs anyway, a part of his body would be breaking every game.

Gnidrologist

Even though you're mostly full of shit, that much is true. Half of his career he's been injured and pretty much never shown great leadership as a player. Just decent role player.

Home of Barca Fans