Marc Bartra

zanela

I suspect a lot of people who were critical of him will be looking to apologize sooner than later

I was a big proponent of Bartra. But his lack of evolution, physical terms was disappointing. Whilst I have not watched him for BBV yet, the positive reviews have been mostly about his verticality on the ball, which is no surprise. I'm rather interested in his performances as a pure defender, because ultimately that's what will earn him top grade. A season or two of consistent top level footie will be a better indicator. For now it's a bit too early to tell.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Barcelona's not really a club to be judging defenders on defending alone, the other aspects are crucial as well - it's what separates this club from many. I remember a sloppy Pique too, a player who lacked focus consistently - he improved in those areas. I think Bartra should've been given a better chance to show this growth but the club doesn't really develop their defenders very well. It seems only blind luck turns out strong cantera defenders, at least Bartra has that Barcelona profile and getting a chance to show he can play at this level

ebieymjunior

Barcelona's not really a club to be judging defenders on defending alone, the other aspects are crucial as well - it's what separates this club from many. I remember a sloppy Pique too, a player who lacked focus consistently - he improved in those areas. I think Bartra should've been given a better chance to show this growth but the club doesn't really develop their defenders very well. It seems only blind luck turns out strong cantera defenders, at least Bartra has that Barcelona profile and getting a chance to show he can play at this level

I think he meant that his other attributes are already good. It's only the defending part of his game that we weren't really certain about.
I always thought he'd be a good player, but with the lack of playing time last year, I also thought it to be the best thing for him to leave and come back later.

Yannik

Absolutely enjoy this new young Dortmund side, I don't know if they really can go far given their average age and the fact that they are grouped with Real, hence probably finishing second and getting a hard R16 opponent but give thus side some years to develope and you'll get an immense team. I was pleasantly surprised with how well Bartra fits into the squad already.

Messi983

Absolutely enjoy this new young Dortmund side, I don't know if they really can go far given their average age and the fact that they are grouped with Real, hence probably finishing second and getting a hard R16 opponent but give thus side some years to develope and you'll get an immense team. I was pleasantly surprised with how well Bartra fits into the squad already.

They'll probably sell their 2 or 3 best players to Bayern before that will happen. Hope I'm wrong though as Dortmund is my favourite German team since winning CL final against Juventus in 1997 and I really liked a young Lars Ricken (still remember that goal of him 15 seconds or so after coming off the bench to finally clinch them the title) from that team. I also hated that Juve team (well, to be fair I've never liked Italian clubs until Capello's Roma with Totti, Batistuta, Montella, Cafu,...) because they beat Ajax (who I also liked) in the final a year before.

[youtube]fMnPADWPSVI[/youtube]

BBZ8800

(well, to be fair I've never liked Italian clubs until Capello's Roma with Totti, Batistuta, Montella, Cafu,...)

Aldair, Zago, Zebina, Samuel, Cafu, Candela, Tomassi, Emerson, Assuncao, Cr. Zanetti, Totti, Nakata, Batistuta, Delvecchio, Montella ;)

Slightly offtopic, but that Roma's side was everyone's favorite.
The only Italian team ever that played almost like Barca. Attacking and beautiful football.
Pure joy.

Last edited:

MVBarcaFan

They'll probably sell their 2 or 3 best players to Bayern before that will happen. Hope I'm wrong though as Dortmund is my favourite German team since winning CL final against Juventus in 1997 and I really liked a young Lars Ricken (still remember that goal of him 15 seconds or so after coming off the bench to finally clinch them the title) from that team. I also hated that Juve team (well, to be fair I've never liked Italian clubs until Capello's Roma with Totti, Batistuta, Montella, Cafu,...) because they beat Ajax (who I also liked) in the final a year before.

[youtube]fMnPADWPSVI[/youtube]

Same here re: Lars Ricken. That goal was epic. I became a fan of BVB around 1996 when I was 8. It has always been my first love. I'm thinking we'll go as far as the quarters this year and bow out, but surprises may be in store.

Home of Barca Fans