Marc Bartra

NeyMesSis

he isnt even playing good with bvb.. Most of the times he is their worst defender! ginter and Sokratis seem much more trustworthy

Science Kid

Bartra has been absolutely awful in the last month. If he was still here and brought those type of performances he would be chastised on this forum. Probably the weakest link in BVB's team.

Sokratis is prime Maldini in comparison.

Raketa10

I never understood how is Mathieu better third choice than Bartra. I was really sad when he left, only Thiago transfer was more disappointing to me.

FC B

I never understood how is Mathieu better third choice than Bartra. I was really sad when he left, only Thiago transfer was more disappointing to me.

Thiago left still as a huge prospect but never met the expectations at Bayern, most of their fans don't seem happy with him either..

Science Kid

A terrible player. The excuses here were that he doesn't get playing time. Well, he does at Dortmund and he can't be worse if he tried. No positional awareness, always loses his marker, weak in the air...

El Flaco

Bartra has been horrendous against Real Madrid tonight.

I remember when people complained about when we sold him, there's a reason why 4 different manager didn't had big trust in Bartra.

Umtiti is few years younger than Bartra, came from Lyon and has become a starter for us.

xXKonan

Bartra still struggling with the problems he always had since he was here.

Good on the ball but just so weak in other areas a CB must be good at.

Yannik

He's below average. Good enough as a sub for Dortmund, but there's absolutely no way around a big money CB signing in either January or June that will bench him. Too bad, he started decent.

xXKonan

Bartra's development over the years since he got to the first team for us has been shambolic to say the least.

He spent to long sitting on the bench and out of the squad here with little playing time as possible since he was promoted under Tito. He should've left on loan or completely to find a team that would give him the minutes to develop properly a lot sooner than this year.

He's 25 now and you can see the effects of years of stagnation due to little playing time. Just compare him to Umtiti and it's a night and day difference despite Umtiti only being 2 years younger than him. it's a shame in regards to Bartra, he's a nice guy but it's clear his development wasn't very good and perhaps we overestimated his skill/talent level since at this moment he's just not cut out to be a top level CB.

khaled_a_d

Bartra's development over the years since he got to the first team for us has been shambolic to say the least.

He spent to long sitting on the bench and out of the squad here with little playing time as possible since he was promoted under Tito. He should've left on loan or completely to find a team that would give him the minutes to develop properly a lot sooner than this year.

He's 25 now and you can see the effects of years of stagnation due to little playing time. Just compare him to Umtiti and it's a night and day difference despite Umtiti only being 2 years younger than him. it's a shame in regards to Bartra, he's a nice guy but it's clear his development wasn't very good and perhaps we overestimated his skill/talent level since at this moment he's just not cut out to be a top level CB.

It isn't just playing time tbh,as someone mentioned he didn't earn trust of any Barca 1st team manager. Neither Pep (he was 21 when Pep left),Tito,Tata and Lucho ,his own former coach that brought him to recognition with B team trusted him.
He isn't strong,athletic,tall or quick. I mean many gr8 CBs was shorter or slower but few lacked all the physical aspects like that(by lack I mean lack being gr8 in one of those aspects),and those few had been really smart and talented while Marc isn't that talented or smart.Umtiti for example is shorter but faster,stronger and more athletic. Pique is taller,stronger etc.
He simply was never cut for gr8 things,neither his talent or physical tools would have helped him to reach the level needed to be starter here. Good overall player but being good is just not enough.
Wish him the best,he was a loyal nice bench player for us. But we aren't the blame for his level.

Last edited:

El Flaco

He was touted as Puyol replacement, now it's doubtful whether he'll be able to surpass Oleguer

Even Oleguer was a better player when he was at the same age (or even younger maybe) as Bartra

After all, he was actually a solid starter during the years of when we won titles with Rijkaard in charge. And we're hailed as the best team in the world back then.

Don't really think Bartra will ever surpass Oleguer, let alone Puyol. I think a mid table team would be a better suit for him though.

Home of Barca Fans