Xavi Hernández

messi2140

6racies Xavi
You guys need to relax a bit. We were playing like shit and on 10th place, and now we're pushing for 3rd place. Have some patience. What did you expect, grace and consistency? :lol:

The big aim was top 4 for this season. He's well on track. Has things to improve on, but I wouldn't read much into it. Lucho is benching fucking Rodri for Busquets, virtually all coaches we've had liked Busi, it is what it is :lol:.

Yeah man Koeman who had a depleted squad was 9th place with 5 points behind 4th but Xavi who is 1 point behind 4th is pushing for third. GOAT tier mental gymnastics on full display.

eWEgZHs.png

I see the Busquets , Pique etc. playing literally every game is a non-issue when Xavi does it but when Koeman did it you were losing it here.

Stunning.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Yeah man Koeman who had a depleted squad was 9th place with 5 points behind 4th but Xavi who is 1 point behind 4th is pushing for third. GOAT tier mental gymnastics on full display.

eWEgZHs.png

I see the Busquets , Pique etc. playing literally every game is a non-issue when Xavi does it but when Koeman did it you were losing it here.

Stunning.

They have had the same sqaud. The players have just come back from injury.

MTL_Barca

La liga points per game this season

Koeman: 1,50
Xavi: 1,88

So there was improvement even on the statistical side. But still 1,88 isn't all that great either so with Xavi being settled now and almost whole squad being available that should better go up from here, can't afford to throw games like Granada.

serghei

eWEgZHs.png

Stunning.

As said, they had the same squad. So the "depleted squad" argument doesn't work. Even worse, Koeman actually had Pedri and Ansu for some brief spells, Xavi not even that.

Pique, Busi, playing every game is an issue. But that wasn't really the biggest problem Koeman had.

His biggest problem was that he was/turned into this bitter moaner who just doesn't inspire much confidence in his players. My guess is he wasn't really prepared for the rebuild job, nor was he a good manager for a tough, slow rebuild. Not patient, positive, or ambitious enough. In fact, I bet he regrets leaving the NT for a struggling Barca.

Xavi's debut is not great and all rosey, still doing a better job than Koeman this season, objectively. His mindset and energy for a start are much better. Hopefully, he will work on his tactical issues and will drop more veterans as we make more good transfers.

La liga points per game this season

Koeman: 1,50
Xavi: 1,88

So there was improvement even on the statistical side. But still 1,88 isn't all that great either so with Xavi being settled now and almost whole squad being available that should better go up from here, can't afford to throw games like Granada.

That's the issue. There is a small-ish, but clear improvement. People lose their shit because they live in fantasy land where they expect a team with no transfers and full of old players to just grow overnight.

All of a sudden, when we're near top 3, it's not good enough. :lol:

Last edited:

Pepsbarca

You need to relax a bit, too, because Barcelona are currently at 6th place.
I see a lot of small improvements but a lot of stuff that are not fixed or look like being fixed that should be fixed. I expected more than this.
Results wise, I think that Xavi lost against Betis and Boca as well as Bayern and Real, and drew against Benfica, Osasuna, Granada as well as Sevilla. His wins came against Espanyol, Villarreal, Elche, Mallorca and Linares, and all but one of them was by the smallest margin. Talk about injuries etc all you like, but the teams Barcelona beat are teams Barcelona SHOULD beat.
I don't think it has been spectacular so far with Xavi, it often is at the start with ANY new manager.

I am still very much in support of Xavi though, I wanted him to come for a long time and still believe in him, but I have to be honest about how it has looked so far.

It's not a video game where things change immediately after a new manager comes in.

Pepsbarca

A very good manager could win the league and the Champions league with this team, obviously.

You are vastly overrating the players at the club and the players that have been available due to injury. Pep could come back tomorrow and we wouldn't win the league or Champions league without massive investment in better players.

Porque

Koeman lost the dressing room after the board deeming him to leave.

Who can forget the hostile media shitstorm he had.

Xavi has the full support of all stakeholders right now. Even if results were the same (they're not) he would still be doing a better job.

Purely for being in the right place ar the right time.

ajnotkeith

You are vastly overrating the players at the club and the players that have been available due to injury. Pep could come back tomorrow and we wouldn't win the league or Champions league without massive investment in better players.

Win the league? We could with a top manager, if they had come at the start of the season*.

Pedri, Ansu, Araujo, FDJ, Ferran, Dembele, etc. Plenty of top talent there other LaLiga teams would dream of having themselves. When squad is fit, it isn't impossible.

And youth like Abde Gavi Nico etc that are rated so highly by most on this forum, it should be no issue. When the same people who write in superlatives about all our players come here and write that Xavi doesn't have a good enough squad (not you specifically, but many others have) it shows these analyses are not genuine.

Unfortunately Xavi is not a top manager.

Last edited:

fergus90

Win the league? We could with a top manager.

Pedri, Ansu, Araujo, FDJ, Ferran, Dembele, etc. Plenty of top talent there other LaLiga teams would dream of having themselves. When squad is fit, it isn't impossible.

And youth like Abde Gavi Nico etc that are rated so highly by most on this forum, it should be no issue. When the same people who write in superlatives about all our players come here and write that Xavi doesn't have a good enough squad (not you specifically, but many others have) it shows these analyses are not genuine.

Unfortunately Xavi is not a top manager.

No manager in world football is having us win the league from this current position or the position Xavi took over from, not that I think he's the messiah by any means and the jury is still out on him. But we've barely had Ferran, Ansu, Pedri for 2 games together yet this season. If we're having this discussion in August or September then, yes I agree a top manager could definitely win the league but at this point the damage has been done.

ajnotkeith

No manager in world football is having us win the league from this current position or the position Xavi took over from, not that I think he's the messiah by any means and the jury is still out on him. But we've barely had Ferran, Ansu, Pedri for 2 games together yet this season. If we're having this discussion in August or September then, yes I agree a top manager could definitely win the league but at this point the damage has been done.

Not from now (should've clarified), but in terms of performance, we should be playing like a top team in the league.

Grinding out wins against lower teams and never getting wins against any top team does not reflect the talent we have. Now we sorted out our locker room issues we should perform like a top3 team in LaLiga which is weak.

Home of Barca Fans