Xavi Hernández

Joan

While we do what? He's perfect for us now. No better place to test his ideas and grow, than at a club with no serious objective for the next 2-3 seasons like Barcelona. Barcelona is in a position where they cannot mount a serious challenge for 2-3 years. That's time a talented manager can use to form a new team.

Barcelona can afford to give generous time to a new manager (it's not like we have another choice anyway). Just not the wrong manager.

If that is what you see Barca, you have a rather weird perspective. Barca isn't a place where coaches come and experiment for years pressure-free. Xavi can come and test his ideas but must deliver at the same time. Otherwise, folks will turn on him and if not him (because he's a legend yada yada) on the board. Expectations are lower, nobody expects us to win the CL, but the new coach will be expected to compete for the league after our first normal window.

So, this pressure-free Barca where local kids play, flowers blossom and we all listen to California dreamin' doesn't really exist. Also, we'd have to be dumb to trust a stubborn manager with huge ego with a few years' time to do his magic. Since we don't know if he's got any.

Last edited:

malvolio

If that is what you see Barca, you have a rather weird perspective. Barca isn't a place where coaches come and experiment for years pressure-free. Xavi can come and test his ideas but must deliver at the same time. Otherwise, folks will turn on him and if not him (because he's a legend yada yada) on the board. Expectations are lower, nobody expects us to win the CL, but the new coach will be expected to compete for the league after our first normal window.

happens at all elite clubs, but serghei got to over 30K posts on this forum by spewing shit like that every day.

vegitot

Only if Barca fail to qualify for UCL, end up like Milan then i think Xavi will have condition to work like serghei thinks.

soul24rage

So, this pressure-free Barca where local kids play, flowers blossom and we all listen to California dreamin' doesn't really exist. Also, we'd have to be dumb to trust a stubborn manager with huge ego with a few years' time to do his magic. Since we don't know if he's got any.

true

Joan

A true rebuild? What do you man by that? We have many young and talented players in our squad but they need a proper guidance. They need a manager with a clear idea and a long term plan.

He should either come now and implement his ideas in developing players (Pedri, Gavi Fati, De Jong, Araujo...) or he should wait for another 10 years. If another coach is willing to put this heavy burden on his back, than that person should enjoy fruits of his work. It would be totally unfair to give Xavi a finished product in 2 or 3 years time after someone else prepared the field for him.

Regarding Pep comparison, he will be always compared to Pep. This won't change now or in 10 years. We are all aware there is a 50/50 he will fail or succeed.

Yes, I didn't mean someone else builds the team only for Xavi to enjoy the fruits. But that I'd rather see him as the next one in line after he's done something with his coaching career and a coach with some recent European experience, preferably some results and a vision has served a stint at Barca.

It won't take 10 years, let's be realistic. There are no Fergusons out there.

I listen to Xavi's interviews and can't help feeling he lives in the past. Still thinks (like a good portion of our forum) that the way we played under Pep is the way to go if done right. I think he's in for a rude awakening and will take lots of work to create a contemporary style to seriously challenge for big titles.

Regarding youth development, Xavi has done none. Nothing suggests he's the right man for the job. Zidane was a legendary midfielder, yet he's not great with kids.

Long story short: don't know why we'd hire Xavi next.

Birdy

:lol: spot on!

It's infuriating to see how the Xavi-goers want that environment for Xavi, but they demand results and good football from Koeman week in, week out

I listen to Xavi's interviews and can't help feeling he lives in the past. Still thinks (like a good portion of our forum) that the way we played under Pep is the way to go if done right. I think he's in for a rude awakening and will take lots of work to create a contemporary style to seriously challenge for big titles.

Yep!
One can already see HOW exactly he will fail 'testing out' his ideas on the pitch.
Mor 2-8s, more european humiliations, more embarassment only to realise that football is not the football of 2010.
No thanks..
Let him try that out elsewhere

Martinez is an awful choice, but less painful than Xavi.
Martinez can be sacked in 1-1.5 years when a top coach will be available. Better than giving Xavi 2-3 years time to realize he is stubborn

Raketa10

Yes, I didn't mean someone else builds the team only for Xavi to enjoy the fruits. But that I'd rather see him as the next one in line after he's done something with his coaching career and a coach with some recent European experience, preferably some results and a vision has served a stint at Barca.

It won't take 10 years, let's be realistic. There are no Fergusons out there.

Regarding youth development, Xavi has done none. Nothing suggests he's the right man for the job. Zidane was a legendary midfielder, yet he's not great with kids.

Long story short: don't know why we'd hire Xavi next.

Who would you prefer to be our next coach? Of course, out of realistic candidates.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
What make you think he would accept 3 months ago???

Because he said this less than 4 months ago:

De todas maneras, sentenci? que "es un sue?o y una ilusi?n volver al club" de su vida. "Pero no tengo ninguna prisa, aunque estoy preparado y as? lo siento", a?adi?.

Last edited:

Joan

Who would you prefer to be our next coach? Of course, out of realistic candidates.

I would try to make a deal with Conte. Offer him a 2-year contract and see how it goes from there.

A top manager will be in the market sooner rather than later. Fallouts happen all the time.

Home of Barca Fans