Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

Xavi will face huge pressure. People will compare him to Pep. He must reshape Barca style into something like Pep's Barca, win big things.

Yeah, and he knows he can't do that in current situation and is smartly staying away from the club for now.

Can't really blame him if that's the case as he knows he'll surely get his chance one day sooner or later. And why not wait for a few more years when his amigos will be gone and our finances should improve. If he'll be "lucky" enough whoever next manager will be will also do a good enough job to build a solid team and develop youngsters so he can then come in 2023 or 2024 and try to upgrade that improved team instead of diving into the middle of this rebuilding chaos.

FinBarcelonafan

He won't before he tests the gameplan he's used to and sees it doesn't work anymore and needs changing. I'd rather that happens somewhere else.

True agree. I just wish he would do it on other league. Somewhere bit more competitive..

But to me again, if he was serious about Barca he should coach Barca B. Learn the ropes from there. Perfect fit.

Raketa10

In other words he'll fail. There will be Xavi's time, but this is the worst possible option. Should do something with his career, gain some experience, test his ideas, and wait until the true rebuild is in place.

A true rebuild? What do you man by that? We have many young and talented players in our squad but they need a proper guidance. They need a manager with a clear idea and a long term plan.

He should either come now and implement his ideas in developing players (Pedri, Gavi Fati, De Jong, Araujo...) or he should wait for another 10 years. If another coach is willing to put this heavy burden on his back, than that person should enjoy fruits of his work. It would be totally unfair to give Xavi a finished product in 2 or 3 years time after someone else prepared the field for him.

Regarding Pep comparison, he will be always compared to Pep. This won't change now or in 10 years. We are all aware there is a 50/50 he will fail or succeed.

Last edited:

malvolio

People should realise that this is not Chelsea, where they hire any type of manager, regardless of their background or playing philosophy.

FC Barcelona is run by politics. So, find a list of coaches that speak Spanish or Dutch as we ain't hiring anything else

serghei

Xavi will face huge pressure. People will compare him to Pep. He must reshape Barca style into something like Pep's Barca, win big things.

Barca fans are smarter. They know what Pep did can't be repeated. It's a stellar dream-team nobody can even assemble because most of the players were part of a golden internal generation.

They just want the team to play better. That's all. It's doable because we play like shit. Xavi will come after serial CL humiliations, losing campaigns with 0 big titles in 3 years, if it's the pressure he's worried about I think fans will be patient. They got used to playing like shit already.

He can't play worse than just have a few CBs and a disaster CF trying to play Moyes-ball vs Granada.

Last edited:

serghei

In other words he'll fail. There will be Xavi's time, but this is the worst possible option. Should do something with his career, gain some experience, test his ideas, and wait until the true rebuild is in place.

While we do what? He's perfect for us now. No better place to test his ideas and grow, than at a club with no serious objective for the next 2-3 seasons like Barcelona. Barcelona is in a position where they cannot mount a serious challenge for 2-3 years. That's time a talented manager can use to form a new team.

Barcelona can afford to give generous time to a new manager (it's not like we have another choice anyway). Just not the wrong manager.

Last edited:

vegitot

So if it is Xavi, no objective for next 2-3 seasons.
Yet Koeman has to compete and also rebuild.

Guess who has a harder job???

vegitot

Barca fans are smarter. They know what Pep did can't be repeated. It's a stellar dream-team nobody can even assemble because most of the players were part of a golden internal generation.

They just want the team to play better. That's all. It's doable because we play like shit. Xavi will come after serial CL humiliations, losing campaigns with 0 big titles in 3 years, if it's the pressure he's worried about I think fans will be patient. They got used to playing like shit already.

He can't play worse than just have a few CBs and a disaster CF trying to play Moyes-ball vs Granada.

There is already a comparision. People already talk about how Al Saad is more of a challenge than Barca B when Pep coached here.

Don't know how Xavi will coach Barca but his Al Saad in AFC are far from good.

serghei

This is a Messigician level of trolling

Thank you, but Camp Nou crowd was very positive at 0-2 vs Bayern when they saw the tiniest positive signs that the subs and the fresh legs brought. I think at least the match going fans will be supportive of Xavi and won't rush to conclusions very fast.

Not talking about reddit and social media here. But even there, in those circles, a sizeable chunk of the fanbase is formed by tiki-taka purists that will go with Xavi and will defend him to death.

I think it's the opposite of what some fans believe. I think the club and the fans have started to get used to being crap, and playing ugly, so when a manager will come, if he can correct some things, fans will back him up very fast. I don't think fans expect much from this team in the near future.

In many ways, it's more dangerous to come at a team after a very successful manager than to come after flops like Setien or Koeman. The bar is set pretty low atm.

Don't belive this notion that just because Pep was successful a decade ago in completely different circumstances, fans will suddenly demand that Xavi wins the treble with a broke team that can't sign anyone of note.

The only pressure Xavi will indeed have is that fans will expect his team to play eye-pleasing football, to pass better and create more chances. But tbh, I think that WILL happen and we will see improvements in these areas.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Thank you, but Camp Nou crowd was very positive at 0-2 vs Bayern when they saw the tiniest positive signs that the subs and the fresh legs brought. I think at least the match going fans will be supportive of Xavi and won't rush to conclusions very fast.

Because it was La Masia players, which is against being smarter.
barca fans are some of the most arrogant and delusional fans, and for sure the most purists among top clubs.
Sure, they won't rush Xavi but that will be for what? couple of months? a year? And then they will turn against him as usual.

There is no 2-3 years of patience, very few Barca coaches even finish 3rd years and in most cases it is those who wins CL or win few Liga titles early on.

Not talking about reddit and social media here. But even there, in those circles, a sizeable chunk of the fanbase is formed by tiki-taka purists that will go with Xavi and will defend him to death.

So, basically they aren't smart. Thank you

In many ways, it's more dangerous to come at a team after a very successful manager than to come after flops like Setien or Koeman. The bar is set pretty low atm.

Don't belive this notion that just because Pep was successful a decade ago in completely different circumstances, fans will suddenly demand that Xavi wins the treble with a broke team that can't sign anyone of note.

They won't demand a treble, but they would demand immediate improvement and titles in the short run. If Liga is lost this season then all pressure on next year to win Liga and at worst the patience will be over if we have 4th year with no major title (CDR isn't one really)

And I think you forget about the pressure on board, fans might be patient with Xavi but won't be with the board.
We are already seeing this, with good portion of fans calling for Laporta's head and thinking he is clueless with no plan.
If we don't win titles soon (or at least strongly compete for one) someone will have to pay for it, if not for Xavi it will be the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans