Xavi Hernández

Richard.H

Also LOL if you think Alba can be replaced by Dest or Mingueza. Clearly we need another signing for that spot. The short sightedness of some of you to think all of these players are so easily replaceable. It just doesn't work that way IRL.

Pepsbarca

He booted those players because we had a good squad regardless of them. We boot out Busi, Alba, Pique, and who exactly can come in to replace them from the bench or B team? We are shit and it's time for Barca fans to accept it. You can't really count on players like Eric Garcia, Mingueza, Nico Gonzalez, Puig to perform on a decent level weekly (one game sure they can be good, but next game they will be bad. Lacking that consistency). With the seniors at least he knows what he will get every week and their limitations. Nico can score a goal one minute and be completely out of position the next.

I knew there had to be at least one person on this site that understood this.

serghei

To be honest, for the RB position, Alves and Dest as a sub, until he can up his level, is a good combo. Just don't let Alves play more than 60 min or so. Unless we can sell Dest for a very good sum, something in excess of 30m.

For the LB until someone is signed, it has to be Alba.

CB situation is dire so Pique will be played, justifiably when looking at clown shows Lenglet and Umtiti. And somehow Garcia and Araujo are hardly every fit at the same time.

But Busi, come on, drop him. We have Pedri, Frenkie, Gavi and Nico. All with a better future than this oldie.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Also LOL if you think Alba can be replaced by Dest or Mingueza. Clearly we need another signing for that spot. The short sightedness of some of you to think all of these players are so easily replaceable. It just doesn't work that way IRL.

So, what do you suggest?
Keep them for eternity?
Sooner or later they will have to be phased out and we need to start doing so asap.
No need to do it all at once, but it seems we actually decided to add more oldies/amigos this winter instead of bringing replacement

JamDav1982

To be honest, for the RB position, Alves and Dest as subs is a good combo. Just don't let Alves play more than 60 min or so. Unless we can sell Dest for a very good sum, something in excess of 30m.

They wont keep Dest as a sub if he has value on the market.

Barca need cash.

Another time they might have more patience to see if he can develop but not now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looking for a player who plays exactly like Busquets is a mistake. It will never happen, nor should it.

Barca & Xavi have to adapt and remodel the roles our midfielders have to suit what they do best.

Birdy

This is the coach thread, so I think it is fair to expect people to blame coach for his consistent mistake. :lol:
And it is also rational to hope the coach will one day to see it, or at least the board will see it and phase Busi out

It's not a mistake. That's what I am explaining.
It's tied to how Xavi sees football.
For what you and Serghei want (a different way of playing, with other skillsets in that position - which is totally fair demand - ) we need a different coach.
I think this is pretty obvious, and you should be able to see it.
So, it's neither 'rational' nor realistic to expect Xavi to wake up one day and decide to see football totally differently.

serghei

They wont keep Dest as a sub if he has value on the market.

Barca need cash.

Another time they might have more patience to see if he can develop but not now.

They need cash for player purchases in defense. So they need to make a judgment on Dest fast, is he worth keeping or not.

khaled_a_d

It's not a mistake. That's what I am explaining.
It's tied to how Xavi sees football.
For what you and Serghei want (a different way of playing, with other skillsets in that position - which is totally fair demand - ) we need a different coach.
I think this is pretty obvious, and you should be able to see it.
So, it's neither 'rational' nor realistic to expect Xavi to wake up one day and decide to see football totally differently.

Well, then he sees football wrong and it is a mistake from his part that he needs to fix

Birdy

Alba is easily replaceable on the market.
Gaya for example, can do everything that Alba does, and might be even better defensively.

Non-issue there, as with the rest of the old fucks.
Only real deep problem is Busi for the reasons I explained

DonAK

If Xavi doesn't adapt like Pep has done throughout his career then he's destined to fail.

If he's looking for a carbon copy of the players we had when he played then he's never going to succeed.

Richard.H

So, what do you suggest?
Keep them for eternity?
Sooner or later they will have to be phased out and we need to start doing so asap.
No need to do it all at once, but it seems we actually decided to add more oldies/amigos this winter instead of bringing replacement

No not eternity, but clearly Mingueza and Dest are not good enough and i don't see them getting much better as they enter their primes. We need signings which won't happen since we are dead broke.

serghei

If Xavi doesn't adapt like Pep has done throughout his career then he's destined to fail.

Tbh, Pep kind of adapts the players to the tactics as well. Rodri plays like a superior version of Busi. Nothing that Busi does atm, Rodri can't do better. It took some time but he is there.

So, whatever genius quality Xavi thinks Busi possesses, it's not THAT hard to develop in another top player. It just takes work. That pass that Busi made to Ferran Torres that we praised in the chat? 8 out of 11 starters at City can pull it off in their sleep.

I've seen Joao Cancelo do that time and time again and he's a Juve reject.

Last edited:

DonAK

Tbh, Pep kind of adapts the players to the tactics as well. Rodri plays like a superior version of Busi. Nothing that Busi does Rodri can't do better. It took some time but he is there.

Rodri is playing like a much more mobile and quicker version than Busquets was even in his prime.

You just cannot compete for titles with Busquets starting right now. He has to adapt or find someone who plays like Busquets, but is quicker and far more mobile out there and that's going to be tough. Hence he should adapt.

serghei

Rodri is playing like a much more mobile and quicker version than Busquets was even in his prime.

You just cannot compete for titles with Busquets starting right now. He has to adapt or find someone who plays like Busquets, but is quicker and far more mobile out there and that's going to be tough. Hence he should adapt.

Mobile and quicker true, but prime Busi was more technical for sure, a better player. But that version of Busi had a pretty short shelf life. Problems started to appear pretty quickly after 2012.

Home of Barca Fans