Karim Adeyemi

Laplacian

Explain the hype. His highlight video is literally just him sprinting in counter attacks with acres of space available to him. Why exactly do we need him and why would he be useful? We already have Dembele.

The next winger should be quick yes, but should also be the type that depends on skill, control, and creativity. Someone like Jadon Sancho would've been nice but he's way too expensive.

Messi983

Rumours we're one of the clubs that are considering going after him in January alongside Liverpool. Bayern and Dortmund (he's apparently BVB fan) are also interested. Salzburg is demanding around 30m which would be problematic for us though.

But then again if we're seriously considering paying 50m+ (which is clearly at least what it would take to get Olmo) I'd prefer to get Adeyemi for half the price instead.

mc_lovin

Explain the hype. His highlight video is literally just him sprinting in counter attacks with acres of space available to him. Why exactly do we need him and why would he be useful? We already have Dembele.

The next winger should be quick yes, but should also be the type that depends on skill, control, and creativity. Someone like Jadon Sancho would've been nice but he's way too expensive.

Never got the Sancho hype. I would rather have a fast goalscorer (like Adeyemi), he compares himself with Mbappe/Aubameyang by the way, and let the midfield handle the creative part, which should be easier with better receivers.

I haven't seen enough of him to have an educated opinion though. But if the club's scouting is positive then the talent route for me is preferable to Galacticos. He's 20 in January as well, which is a good age for a forward.

BUT he has Bayern written all over him.

khaled_a_d

He is a 9 who can be utilized as winger, not the opposite.
He is very good goal scorer whom the club has been trying to sign since he was 17, decent connection with teammates, good control of the ball for a striker and very fast.
Style wise he is closer to Mbappe than Dembele imo, quality is obviously not close to Mbappe.
He is also much cheaper than other no9 options in the market, players like Halaand, Isak,Vlahovic will cost a fortune

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Mpabbe

mpabbe.png

MTL_Barca

30mil fee and most likely not the hugest salary at least sounds somewhat affordable. Maybe with more wage cuts and/or transfers during the winter window that could be possible.

I don't really have a opinion on him as a player, but these are probably the kind of transfers we have to focus on for the most part. There just isn't enough money to plug all the holes otherwise, unless we get incredibly lucky with la masia.

Last edited:

jamrock

Thats 98% of what Mbappe does...

Porque

6 goals in 6 games in the Austrian Bundesliga this season. Already debut for Germany National team and grabbed a debut goal.

Worth keeping a strong eye on him as the season progresses with Haaland and Mbappe being out of our reach.

We can certainly offer him a strong option to start next season. He has that coveted left foot so he may be able to play RW at times aswell as CF.

Messi983

He is a 9 who can be utilized as winger, not the opposite.
He is very good goal scorer whom the club has been trying to sign since he was 17, decent connection with teammates, good control of the ball for a striker and very fast.
Style wise he is closer to Mbappe than Dembele imo, quality is obviously not close to Mbappe.
He is also much cheaper than other no9 options in the market, players like Halaand, Isak,Vlahovic will cost a fortune

Yeah.

I still think Laporta will try everything to get his next star (Haaland) but hopefully we'll have alternatives in case we (most likely) won't get him. Sometimes alternatives can prove to be better than first choices as we've seen in 2003 with Beckham/Ronaldinho. Obviously we'll never know how Becks would do here but he couldn't possibly have a better impact on the club than R10. Maybe this time we'll sign Dani Olmo instead of Haaland and he'll become a Ballon d'Or winner. :lol:

More seriously we can't afford a proven world class striker (not that there are that many out there and those who are are mostly too old to fit into our rebuilding team even if we could afford them) so we'll have to take a risk with someone. And better doing that for around 30m than at least double that price for players who have done more so far in their careers (proven themselves in better leagues like Isak or Vlahovic) but are still far away from a guaranteed success here. From what I've seen from Adeyemi I like his versatility and think he could complement well with Ansu but if he'll never fully recover Adeyemi could also replace him.

I don't think potentially buying Adeyemi in January would totally prevent us from going after Haaland next summer either, at least not from a sporting perspective. Financially would obviously be tougher but if we'll get 40m for Griezmann (almost guaranteed unless he gets seriously injured), possibly 30m for Trincao and if we sell Dembele (after renewing him now) for another 40m while we also somehow offload Coutinho's wages I think it's doable*. But if we wouldn't get Haaland we'd still be in good state with Fati, Memphis, Adeyemi, Dembele and potentially Aguero who could maybe turn into new Larsson although I'd look for someone younger and less injury prone for that role. Alternatively wouldn't mind looking for an improved version of De Jong as a plan B bench striker. Or maybe Luuk himself will prove useful, score 15 goals and we'll sign him on a short-term deal next year. Very unlikely but stranger things have happened.

*I know we also have needs elsewhere but think we could potentially target free agents like Kessie (looks more and more likely he won't renew with Milan) or someone like B. Kamara for around 20m to improve midfield. As for CB I'd like to see how Araujo and Garcia will do together before we spend big money there. Not a big fan of De Ligt personally and he'd be too expensive as well. I like Kounde more but think he'll probably go to Chelsea in January before we could even consider signing him (if he's even on our shortlist). Either way, there are cheaper CBs available who would improve what we currently have, we just need to find them.

behindbrowneyes

Benjamin Sesko might even have a higher ceiling than Adeyemi, but he is a different profile and more the Haaland-type and doesn't possess the versatility of Adeyemi.

Adeyemi is clearly more mature in his development and more ready for the next step in his career ladder. Still need to keep an eye on Sesko though. I believe he will be the next in row that will leave for big money in 1,5 or 2 years. Ideally you get these players now and loan them to the selling club for 2 years so he can get game time and develop further. Not likely though.

mc_lovin

Benjamin Sesko might even have a higher ceiling than Adeyemi, but he is a different profile and more the Haaland-type and doesn't possess the versatility of Adeyemi.

Adeyemi is clearly more mature in his development and more ready for the next step in his career ladder. Still need to keep an eye on Sesko though. I believe he will be the next in row that will leave for big money in 1,5 or 2 years. Ideally you get these players now and loan them to the selling club for 2 years so he can get game time and develop further. Not likely though.

Just watched a bit of Sesko highlights and he looks downright terrible. I get it's no way to judge a player, but damn, he looks really fucking bad. Generally you are supposed to look good on youtube and be disappointing in allround games :p

Nothing he does makes any sense for me, that's why his opponents can't read him either I guess :lol:

Last edited:

wisconsincule

These are definitely the types of players we need to target going forward. We need to try to buy players before they make it to another big club and cost 100 million+

Home of Barca Fans