Antony

soul24rage

Crazy technique, good shot, pass. But he reminds me of a futsal player. Looks like Marez. It seems to me that he lacks the strength and high speed to become an elite winger.

I don't know about strength but he has the required speed needed to be a world class winger.

BBZ8800

But he reminds me of a futsal player.

To me also from the one video I watched.
It seems that he relies too much on a trickery when he is standing still on one place.

About Ajax players, they are a selling club who have their own playing style.
1. Majority of their players will look better at Ajax than at other clubs (look at Frenkie, De Ligt, Donnie VDBeek)
2. they build their teams for selling and to mask flaws of their players whom they want to sell. So, with a lot of players we will see only good sides because flaws are covered with other teammates with the only purpose to pump up the price and sell (see Frenkie)
3. Dutch league is funky in defending and their fullbacks, wingers and attackers for years look like out of this world.
I mean, even Dest looked like the next Dani Alves in Ajax' days:

So, remove 50% of skills seen on Ajax' videos and add a lot of caution.

Horatio

You're welcome
Antony is probably going to stay a few more years at Ajax before making a move. Ajax is becoming more attractive to stay longer because of CL results and international players recognize more and more it is a good environment to develop until making the next transfer. I also think Ajax checks out psychological profile of players so that they are disciplined.

My point is hard to judge Antony right now and if you think of him as futsal player now not unlikely that under Ajax guidance he will become a very complete player in a few years.

Last edited:

serghei

RW should be our priority in attack unless we land a super star player like Halaand at 9.
If Sterling is expensive, the likes of Anthony/Raphinha/Adeyami/Pino should be all valid options.

Exactly. Let's look at fast and technical players that are pretty young and are fairly priced. I would rather like that option than splashing big on likes of Olmo.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly. Let's look at fast and technical players that are pretty young and are fairly priced. I would rather like that option than splashing big on likes of Olmo.

This. These guys are also reasonably priced. Olmo for 60mil is overpayment.

I take that small risk for a bargain than certain overpayment.

Porque

I think the thing with Ajax is that they are building system players in a weak physical league.

In theory their players should suit us then. But since 2016 or so we have been in chaos with no playing style or clear sporting plan.

mc_lovin

Antony is not my cup of tea, I would rather have us go for a combative, physical forward. Someone who takes the ball no matter what and takes on defenders. I have to admit I fell a bit in love with Sulemana when I watched him against PSG. Looks like a great talent. Adeyemi is the other one, but he's destined for Germany.

Good news for us is that there are plenty of decent young forwards. Even if Dembele doesn't leave and magically stays fit I would want us to get one. Our depth in attack annoys me to no end.

vuji_31

This guy will be top winger.

Can't remember last time when I saw winger with that good idea of passing.
Also he is trickster and a great dribler.

He will be one of the best on RW position.

mc_lovin

Would be wary of Ajax's players but Antony's technique looks exquisite. He is a natural trickster with a very good cross. May lack pace for better leagues tho.

Does it? I really dislike how he runs with the ball, looks kind of unnatural (or more precisely like hard work). And as you mentioned he seems to lack a bit of pace.

At this point it's difficult to argue against any wingers though. Even a 6/10 player would be an improvement over our 0/10 right wing at the moment.

Laplacian

Would be wary of Ajax's players but Antony's technique looks exquisite. He is a natural trickster with a very good cross. May lack pace for better leagues tho.

The search for the Neymar reborn continues. The Wheel weaves as the wheel wills. One day, the chosen one will return to defeat Real Madrid. But now, will not be that time.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Does it? I really dislike how he runs with the ball, looks kind of unnatural (or more precisely like hard work). And as you mentioned he seems to lack a bit of pace.

At this point it's difficult to argue against any wingers though. Even a 6/10 player would be an improvement over our 0/10 right wing at the moment.

His footwork and close control are very good, the running style might look weird, but then someone like Robben also ran unnaturally despite being a natural dribbler.

Home of Barca Fans