Antony

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Me whenever Ajax play in the CL again this season

72832719.jpg

4unr4bgaw0341.jpg

4unr4bgaw0341.jpg

Donatello

The search for the Neymar reborn continues. The Wheel weaves as the wheel wills. One day, the chosen one will return to defeat Real Madrid. But now, will not be that time.

You should take a look on Kamaldeen Sulemana.

Really exciting talent in the same mould like Ney.

DonAK

I still like him a lot, but him not being explosive really hurts him in games like these. Might be what stops him from truly becoming World Class. Rapinha is a player entering his prime and more explosive so would therefore be a better choice in my opinion.

He's not slow by any means, but he doesn't have that extra burst of pace to get past a defender when teams are sitting so low.

behindbrowneyes

I'm not a big fan of a possible transfer from Antony. In my opinion people get blinded a little too much by his CL performances. We are talking about a 50+ million transfer. Imo, it would be more of an experiment than you might think at first glance.

Main reasons for my skepticism:
- by way of play. in my opinion, he is not goal-oriented enough and makes too much unnecessary circus. I don't know if a "circus player" fits into Xavi's philosophy. 11 scorer points in Eredivise's best team is not that much, which in my opinion is due to the fact that he is often not focused enough and too playful.
- Ten Hag: "I spoke with Antony about the fact that he has to show himself more in the smaller games too. It can't be that he only delivers in the Champions League or games vs PSV. He doesn't get half paid too, so he needs to show it in every game."

I then put a question mark after his attitude. At Barcelona you are challenged every day, the credit is quickly gone there if you only go to work against the top teams with the necessary seriousness. Fun player to watch, but too much of a risk for rumoured price. He is not a sure bet to make it on a top level.

All things considered, Raphinha might be the smarter choice for Xavi's Barca.

DonAK

Yeah.

I don't think we're interested though. Not been reported much of our interest at least.

Birdy

Was disappointing tonight...

Laughable to even compare him to Dembele.
Dembele is always ahead of his marker, and always generates space for himself.
This dude here was blocked by a low block of mediocre Benfica defenders, and couldn't overtake an opponent for his life.

Barca can't afford to have wingers who cannot ALWAYs win in 1v1 situations

serghei

Pass for Antony indeed. Power, pace, acceleration, preferably with dependable technique. Raphinha has it, just like that Colombian that Liverpool got.

Temptation

I haven't got a clue about this guy.

Someone be a gent and describe him for me...

What kinda player are we talking about?

Home of Barca Fans