Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

feggydinho

"David Villa level" is extremely high expectations for any talents...
Some people here think like David Villa was a some average top player.
He is the greatest Spanish striker and one of the greatest attackers since 1990s as well.
We should be extremely thankful if Fati can even get close to the "David Villa level".
Honestly, it seems people don't know how good Villa was

Richard.H

He is the greatest Spanish striker and one of the greatest attackers since 1990s as well.
We should be extremely thankful if Fati can even get close to the "David Villa level".

He is so underrated in this forum which is incredible. Guy could pass really well also was an integral part of the 2011 La Liga+CL double. If he wasn't injured we probably would've won CL in 2012 as well.

fergus90

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_9MeunAhgA8

I?m really surprised by Fati. I wasn?t aware he had such ball skills. Reminded me of Neymars presentation back in the day when he just joined Barca. Even more surprised that a muscle freak like Adama showed even better qualities in this show-off regard.

Anyway, concerning Fatis development, I kinda feel like he gained muscles, which is good, but he still lacks speed over midrange and longrange distance, which is disappointing. Also because he dribbling isn?t first class either. His finishing is first class for now, and that?s his main strength with his silky touch and superb ball control. But does he really cut it as a winger here? I?m not to sure anymore, it may be due to tactics but he also has general difficulties to make stay in position as a winger, and contribute as a constant threat because exactly lacks pace and dribbling skills. Maybe even to little work rate.

I?m going to downgrade my expectations for him for now. From Henry to David Villa level.

Anyway he is still 17, but If he has a loooooong way. And players like Messi and Mbappe didn?t. They were playing WC almost from the very start and didn?t have any limitations like Fati has.

Downgrade to the level of Spain?s all time top goalscorer, 130 goals for Valencia, plus a Champions League final goal scorer and World Cup winner/ top goal scorer then.

Setting the bar a bit low...

malvolio

He is so underrated in this forum which is incredible. Guy could pass really well also was an integral part of the 2011 La Liga+CL double. If he wasn't injured we probably would've won CL in 2012 as well.

should have got him instead of zlatan. we probably would have won 3 consecutive CLs before madrid.

instead he had his best season of his career at valencia(also won WC with spain that summer) and we got him too late. after his first season here injuries broke him.

Porque

Crazy that at the same age a quality player like David Villa was at the youth categories of UP Langreo while Fati already has goals for Spain and in LaLiga and the Champions League.

At the same time it is a reality check that trajectory isn't linear. Fernando Torres broke into Atletico Madrid first team at 16 yet few would put him higher than Villa on a player list (although Torres was never really the same after 09 with the knee problems).

BTW, Henry @ Monaco. I think that in the first 2 goals, that he is around Ansu current age. You can see a slight resemblence although we know that Henry has pace that Ansu just doesn't.

Last edited:

clemente

True. David Villa is in the conversation for the best striker of his generation. Probably only under Eto'o imo. Better than Zlatan and Rooney for example.

Villa had the historical "peak" but pretty much nobody EVER talks about him outside barca fans

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Villa had the historical "peak" but pretty much nobody EVER talks about him outside barca fans

Well yeah, guy, he played most of his prime at Valencia and Barca. So makes sense that he doesn?t have as high a profile anymore outside of Barca, Spain, and NYCFC fans.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

He has the tools to surpass Villa level IMHO but agree he is still a far distance from that. And I say that despite Ansu already being further ahead than El Guaje was at a similar age. David has a killer edge that I don't yet see in Fati but also fairly understandable considering his youth. Of course, Messi at a similar age was like a relentless pitbull at 17 too

If nothing else, I hope Messi can help confer some of that personality to the player rather than the happy go lucky persona he has. A forward has to be ruthless

Home of Barca Fans