Real Madrid

Beast

The Observer
beast, i trust your judgement even more than most cules around here. could you make a few comments on the following:
1.CR leaving/renewing
2. Ozil leaving
3. raul's farewell- what does raul mean to real madrid and to the fans? i remember a couple of years ago when raul left you were a bit upset because he'd been milking madrid for money prior to his move to shalke

thanks man.:beer2:

Thanks for your nice words... :)
Well what i will write is purely my opinion without any inside info
1- CR must be sold this summer and not renewed for so many reasons from his own cycle , age , salary demand which will cost the club as reported with tax 35 Million a year which means an equivalent of a brand new player (like Isco ) every summer for what ? a 28 year old who rely on pace which whatever anyone say about him taking care of himself (which he do ) but now is the time to cash in and cash in hard... and this summer not next summer even if he brings 60 Million i will be ok with it

2- Ozil can leave... the playmaker position is filled already and we are using him where Bale will play , he is great in the final pass which leads to assist but what Isco & Modric showed so far keeping Ozil is a luxury , it was between him & Di Maria but CR himself intervened to keep Di Maria (public knowledge and Di Maria said it ) , So it's Ozil.. he is too good to be benched all the time and not good enough to bench Bale especially with the usual running out of stamina
moreover the position itself is filled with talents all around the globe .

3- You are asking the wrong person about Raul , i had a long beef with Raul for several years due to controlling the lineup in terms of he always played.. Raul turned from a helping factor to a burden and few players escaped his wrath whether because they are smart to avoid appearing as a threat earlier (Higuain ) or backed their presence with instant goals *Ruud * but i look at the casualties and it's a long list from Portillo to Morientes to Ronaldo , Owen , Soldado , Negredo, Huntelaar etc ...
I was happy when he left but having said that ... it's Raul man... it's Raul .. he is a big part of our history , our Captain , 3 CL , so many goals , so many other trophies ...
I was discussing this issue with another old forum member who is also a Madridista over at twitter .... Raul was a 7/10 in everything he wasn't great in anything except Raul was very very very smart on & off the pitch , he knew where to stand , when to move on the pitch & what to say (Ronaldo public dispute aside ) in public
I will always feel grateful for what he did ... It's been a hell of a journey for that skinny left midfielder to develop into one the world most lethal box players helping his club back on top of the world...

BarcaOG

Banned
time is running out to sell ronaldo though. you say madrid should cash in on him now, but do you think there's enough time?

other than that thanks again for another quality post

coco1247

Banned
This is unbelievable. I wouldn't really mind If Iker left now. Not even the slightest bit of respect for him. Not even a chance to prove himself. I'm really disappointed with Ancelotti.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
1377539834_519182_1377540585_noticia_grande.jpg

coco1247

Banned
Have you guys seen that lineup? Let's put Iker being benched aside (I overreact from time to time), that's no MF. That's 2 rows of pure attack. That man is suicidal.

Meitux

Have you guys seen that lineup? Let's put Iker being benched aside (I overreact from time to time), that's no MF. That's 2 rows of pure attack. That man is suicidal.
Yeah it's actually a strange midfield. Modric with Isco and Ozil, not someone to play defensive midfielder. Khedira is probably injured, not on the bench.

Home of Barca Fans