Yaya Toure

Evil

Shabazz
I rate him as the best DMF in the world. Best player in the world ? He would be in the top 10 .. hard for a DMF to be the best especially with names like Messi, Kaka, Gerrard, Robben, C.Ronaldo Etc ..

M.L. King

The Preacher
I rate him as the best DMF in the world. Best player in the world ? He would be in the top 10 .. hard for a DMF to be the best especially with names like Messi, Kaka, Gerrard, Robben, C.Ronaldo Etc ..

See? You enumerated only strikers and offensive midfielders with exception of Gerrard. And even he has been more or less offensive minded lately. Football is not all about scoring, there are so many things that the player should posses to be rated the best in the world. And I think Yaya is the most perfected player in the world. He can score, shoot, score with headers, tackle, position very well, pass superbly, etc. It is sad that you have to score many goals to be chosen as the best. Yes, there have been cases when defenders were picked as well, but very rarely.

Last edited by a moderator:

roll

Tryin` to be hated
Not just the best DM; the best in the world. I know you will rebuke me for this statement, but this is my opinion.
Got to find out what rebuke means :$. We are not going to rebuke you:cool:. I think he is close to be worlds best, i would rate him top10 player, top 5 currently, but not the no1. But he is a complete player - he can pass and tackle brilliantly, dribble well, he covers a lot of space and he is good at heading ;). Everyone got their opinion and if it is not crazy it should be respected. And your`s definitely not crazy.

Evil

Shabazz
I was just pointing out that it is hard for a DMF player to surpass offensive players in world rankings. Midfielders control the match, that´s why I give them respect, especially players like Touré and Xavi, they organize everything, but I still wouldn´t say he´s the best in the world. That´s a bit exaggerated (atleast for me) Touré is an excellent player no doubt about it, but a player like Messi is more decesive don´t you think ?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I`m very glad to hear he had such a good game. Indeed, I wouldn`t rate him as the best DM in the world. He was the regular MC in Monaco and previously in his national team. He tends to make some costly mistakes, like few weeks ago vs. Atletico I think. But overall he is up there among the best and thats good enough. He is also technical, which suits us nicely. So maybe not the best, but probably the best for Barca.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

thanks to our Belgian soil he could grow into a nice plant :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What you need to do is find a way for all those talents from Africa to take the Belgian nationality!

F

FCB_Titi_LB

What you need to do is find a way for all those talents from Africa to take the Belgian nationality!
We already did that but no need anymore...Belgian team is playing great atm...alot of international talent

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why not opening a topic in International subforum about Belgian NT. I for one would be very interested to read and learn more about them

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
MoM tonight for me. Mallorca rarely looked dangerous, much thanx to his defensive display

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yaya played an entire match 2 days ago vs. Madagascar. Hope it won`t show tomorrow vs. Betis

Home of Barca Fans