Yaya Toure

IraqiCulé

Like the team, he's just a shadow of the Yaya Toure from the first half of the season. He was still better than Xavi tonight...

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
IMO Yaya wasn't that bad today. I've seen better, but the team as a whole was bad. Yaya is good if the rest of our midfield and forwards can hold on to the ball for second or two. But Eto'o, Messi and Xavi lost the ball all the time - and Yaya can't be everywhere on the pitch at the same time. Xavi didn't do his work, that's why Yaya looked so helpless a couple of times.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Vieira was a similar type of player as Toure is now, tall, slowish, but with good technique. I don`t want to be critical of him anymore, as I already said my bit earlier. I do hope he improves soon as we need him to be at his best

maz

I walk the line
They showed the goals on sky tv and from those short clips yayá had an AWFUL game. He looked compeltely disinterested..didnt seem bothered to get close to the ball let alone challenge for it..and overall looked as if he had finished a full marathon.

How many games has he played this season?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They showed the goals on sky tv and from those short clips yayá had an AWFUL game. He looked compeltely disinterested..didnt seem bothered to get close to the ball let alone challenge for it..and overall looked as if he had finished a full marathon.

How many games has he played this season?

Around 2100 minutes in all competitions. For comparison; Messi has 2600

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
I watched the highlights now and I am not satisfied with what I saw. 3 big mistakes in 1st half.

1 Foul on Juninho - from which the goal ensued
Let`s be honest here. Juninho is 35. If Toure, hailed by many as best DM in Europe, can`t take the ball from 35 y.o. or at least not make a foul in the dangerous area then there something wrong with the picture here.

2. Failed to block- it was Lyon`s 16 m shot that went slighlty wide when Toure was closer than 1 meter from the shooter. What did he do, turned his ass.

3. Blunder pass to opposition player - that very pass led to action where Benzema hit the post

Juninho isn't 35, he got his 34 december or january I think

IraqiCulé

Around 2100 minutes in all competitions. For comparison; Messi has 2600
Let's keep in mind at the beginning of the season Pep was playing Busquets & Keita more than Toure. However Toure got his starting spot back again like last season and has been playing very frequently ever since. He could use a rest in the Mallorca game as well.

maz

I walk the line
Im surprised i didnt notice it during the actual game tbh..but he looked extremely tired.

maz

I walk the line
Im sure he'll come good again. Problem is though he doesnt look tired..he just looks disinterested.

Home of Barca Fans