Yaya Toure

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I think Pep instructs him to do so since we're playing with two wingbacks who will move forward instead of Touré.

Correct, you could see that happening clearly tonight with Rafa and Chygo both dropping slightly wider. Yaya did a bit of wiping up towards the end of the game which avoided anything too serious evolving but he hardly set out a convincing argument for his continued inclusion.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
we can argue back and forth. but he always dropped back just in front of defence in each game. yaya breaks up play not hassle the midfielders and that is well known. having said that when you involve a direct player like keita in the midfield... the midfield is completely neutralised because of higher numbers and players being further away.

yaya is an intercepter whilst busquets is a hassler. even with abidal playing, you will see a massive gap in the midfield.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I don't think he was that bad personally. Defensively he did his job (what he's there for) in possession he was sloppy at times and his touch let him down, but then who didn't tonight. Better than Keita performed tonight.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he was crap for 75 minutes, but he turned it on for the final 15 and was epic.

I love the way he jumps and directs headers away from trouble. that's gotta be his greatest skill, really. especially when you compare it to his competition: busquets always seems to head it INTO trouble, and mascherano's about half the size of the big man, so probs wouldn't even be able to win the ball.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
he didnt play amazing but he did have time off with H1N1 and has not played in a while

beef-supreme

No that's not true. Touré never used to do that. He only did it in our treble season on a few occasions and I think pep is giving him these instructions.

Oooooh I totally agree with you, I just posted this in the Keita + Yaya not workign thread!

El Mesías

Lets not chuck Yaya into the "ChygyMarquez" category first. He will get back his shine in a few more match if Pep plays him regularly. Its not helping him when he is playing good 1 match and the next match he finds himself on the bench for Busquest. If Pep says he is resting him, I won't buy it cuase he could have rest Keita.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Toure needs games alongside Xaviesta, not Keita. Him and Seydou just aren't compatible, simple as that. Biscuits is, but Yaya offers stronger defensive qualities. I'd be disappointed to see him benched against Depor (unless Biscuits is suspended for another game?).

Hamzah

High Definition Member
the tactic whenever toure plays is for both cb's to seperate, and toure to drop back, creating a 3 man back line which interacts with the midfield and keeps possesion. the fullbacks go and attack.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Yes. And because Touré have played like a bag of potatoes.

primarily the latter.

I mean he was rubbish yesterday (for 75 mins, the final 15 is the yaya we know and love).

and don't give me this crap about "he needs to find his rhythm" this is the guy who played like a stud through the entire latter half of the 07/08 season with a serious back injury that needed surgery. he could come in and out of games with no problem at all.

he's just been playing like a twat.

it happens to everyone.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Lack of fitness is different to lack of match fitness (sharpness). You can be in your best ever physical shape and still play poorly if you haven't played enough football.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
You have to play to a certain level in order to justify more football, Yaya failed to do that yesterday in my opinion and Sergio won't be sweating over his place given the stuttering performance of the midfield in Jerez.

Home of Barca Fans