Yaya Toure

barca96

i dont really think that the reason for pep not playing yaya
is because he watns to groom busi..
there has to be more than that..
yaya is only going to be gone for ONE OR TWO MONTHs, not a year..
in a big match like this(RM) you dont put an experimental player player, you put out your best team..

ryuken

Dont tell me that he wont even start today against Xerez, if he wont then there is something really wrong.

adil_909

well hopefully most of our big players dont' start against xerex because we've had a very tough week, and we have tough trips to the riazor and to kiev to come. hope to see a some of the players like dima, marquez, maxwell, toure, bojan, pedro, dos santos get a run out and impress.

Evil

Shabazz
yea, I know what he meant.. I just never expected to hear this line.. "We can rest our big players, and toure can go and have a run and impress" :s

Hamzah

High Definition Member
toure should get regular first team football. i appreciate that pep is blooding busquets but he shouldn't force yaya out of the side.

Guardiola also took the opportunity to assure Touré that he was : “an important player – it would be difficult to achieve things without him”. The boss was also quizzed about his decision not to play Bojan against Madrid and he replied: “I can understand him feeling angry or annoyed at not playing more. No manager in the world can control that”.

Am I reading to much into this, or is Pep kind of saying Yaya we do need you, and giving a middle finger to Bojan?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
bojan is not old enough/good enough yet to be ahead of say messi, ibra or pedro. pep is right-we can't have hot headed youngsters in the side i'm sure pep will control him.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
hmm my hypothesis why toure doesnt work with keita is because toure tends to drop waay too much from midfield to act like a 3rd cd. that may work when you get 2 ball carriers like iniesta and xavi, however when in games where a direct player like keita is involved, it leaves waay too much space in the midfield making the team look utterly useless.

this xerez game shows a perfect example of such- whenever toure drops in too deep, he forces the central defenders to hit it over the top to find attackers as xavi is now severely outnumbered. however with such a short "targetman" in bojan, this leads to the opposition winning the ball 8/10 times and utilizing their number advantage to pressure xavi into uselessness.

when iniesta is playing alongside xavi... they have a much indirect look to play. they dont run in a vertical way like keita and therefore yaya's dropping back has no effect as these two would create space causing the wingbacks to move up making a pseudo 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3

yaya's willingness to drop into defence has completely nullified our midfield and that does not tend to happen with busquets as he hurries into midfielders allowing keita's runs to be of an use.

FlyLo

I think Pep instructs him to do so since we're playing with two wingbacks who will move forward instead of Touré.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
I think Pep instructs him to do so since we're playing with two wingbacks who will move forward instead of Touré.

no, thats not the case. as he is not doing that this half... his positional sense is weaker than busquets hence he tends to drop back rather than hassle opponents.

FlyLo

No that's not true. Touré never used to do that. He only did it in our treble season on a few occasions and I think pep is giving him these instructions.

Home of Barca Fans