Yaya Toure

iced1776

The whole argument about needing to play Keita, and him not working together with Yaya is definitely bogus. Keita's form is already dropping significantly from what it was at the start of the season, and even when he's in form Yaya-Xavi-Andres is much stronger than Sergi-Keita-Xavi. No matter how you look at it, I don't see how Yaya doesn't have a place in the starting XI.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
pep is doing a great mistake here.its a crystal clear thing that yaya>biscuit, though bisquit is on a good form too(still nowhere near yaya).
and hope pep now realise he should use his sub long before 80+ minutes when nothing is going our way.

iced1776

The only reason Yaya even came on against Madrid is cause Busquets was sent off, otherwise he wouldn't have played at all.

Aasim

Bumbleman
He is really being underused but i'm not going against what Pep is doing. Pep has something in mind and maybe wants a bit more aggression in the DM.

jairzinho

He is really being underused but i'm not going against what Pep is doing. Pep has something in mind and maybe wants a bit more aggression in the DM.

But that is exactly the point.Yaya is by far more aggressive of the two Defensive Mids..I can't understand why Biscuits is playing ahead of Yaya..maybe its because of his technical ability, or the fact that Pep has something for him or whatever. Yaya is one of the best midfielders in Spain along with Lass Diarra, Zikora etc and one of the best in Europe.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
But that is exactly the point.Yaya is by far more aggressive of the two Defensive Mids.

he's really, really not.

although he knows that aggression is why pep often prefers busquets. this was hugely evident last night when on at least two occasions he came up from midfield to press the real CB's the same way busquets had been doing.

and frankly if yaya can add aggression to his game then he'll be almost perfect.

he needs to cut it out with the threats in the press, though. that shit won't stand.

busquets for all his flaws and that awful handball fought tooth and nail for the win and really unsettled xabi from his passing game and didn't allow madrid to settle with the ball.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i think sergi links up play a bit better then yaya and also he seems to have a very good understanding with our defendes and very often drops back into the middle of the defense when we are high up the field and on the defenders gets forward... i like yaya he is great and everything but he def is not irreplacable like xaviestamessipuyolpiquevaldezalves

iced1776

Yaya has spent most of this season dropping back and helping out the two CB's, much moreso in fact than Busquets. Its one of the reasons why his contributions have been less obvious than last season, Pep keeps him pinned way further back in the field.

ryuken

All i can say is that he is being treated strangely and he will definitely leave, he will not be able to compete against the favorite like Keita and Busquet ( Keita really?). So we are throwing away arguably one of the best DM in the world after he renew his freaking contract, strategy to milk profit huh? Pep can say that he use rotation system as much as he want but everybody will see that Yaya play lesser and till we can get a decent LW so that Ini can move back to midfield, Yaya's situation will not be improved.

Sodamnsmooth

I think Yaya should stay and get time ahead of Busquets. I like Sergio but I don't think he can do what this enforcer can do. Yaya is nasty, but maybe Pep sees reasons beyond his play that convinces him that he should leave.

Evil

Shabazz

I'm all for being aggressive, but all Busquets has been doing recently is giving away free-kicks and fouling continuously, I can't even remember one good challenge he made were he won the ball and it nearly cost us the match against Madrid. That's beyond being aggressive, it's called 'he sucked'.

Last edited:

zeven

I will hate Pep if he sells Yaya, seriously.

Maybe! but neither of us knows whats going on in Traning appearently Yaya does not do it equally good and thats why he does not get in the starting eleven. maybe because he believe hes the natural choice.

I really can't se anyother reason for him being left out! and strongly trust Peps judgement on this one! Pep showed his tactical skills when he wanted to make changes from previous season just to add something new other teams was not prepered for! this is exactly how a winner act and think! in my opinion Pep do everything right except the Henry/pedro/bojan saga. something i believe he will do right from now on..

-In Pep , we trust-

Home of Barca Fans