Would you sell Cesc Fàbregas this summer?

Would you sell Cesc Fàbregas this summer?

• Total voters

Messiy313

THIS! Still a lot needs to happen. As of today I'd keep him, but if a great offer comes and we can bring in a suitable replacement I wouldn't be against his departure.
Fact is he arrived when Xavi & Iniesta were at their peak. It certainly hasn't helped him that in the 3 seasons since he signed, he's played under 3 different Coaches. All have struggled to find a place for him in the team without affecting balance. And not being given a consistent run of games in his preferred CM role has stifled his development and affected his form.

*People saying that Xavi needs to step aside and hand the throne to Cesc is wishful thinking, it's simply not going to happen unless a strong Coach steps in and does it.
xavi has to start playing less otherwise fibreglass will never play to his potential

pawanme10

Sell for 50M offer AND if we can get Kroos/Vidal AND we are going to change our style of play.

Start Fabregas in big matches. Play him in his preferred CM.
Xavi cannot play all games.
Stop using Fabregas as a false nine and then curse him for a lack of speed.
Its like asking a fish to climb a tree.
Fabregas can provide incisive through balls and is probably the best in the world for that. Short passing and connection.
Get a proper defense first. Play Fabregas at the AM alongside Iniesta with two proper wingers! Not 4-4-2!
If you saw how Fabregas played when we had a front line of Pedro-Messi-Sanchez; when he came on against Getafe (last week) he was absolutely troubling their defenses with his long balls in counters.
He is the answer to locked defenses. Play long balls against them once in a while; score and get back to normal tiki-taka.
Alexis could have won it for us last week but he went for the pass.
Fabregas changed the game against Villareal (All played in his favored position)

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I can't understand why we would want to get rid of him? He did ok this year even though our whole midfield was by-passed by the idiot Tata's tactcs, or lack of. Surely he is worth holding onto for another season at least and if there really has not been an improvement then sell him. Xavi is not getting any younger and we need midfielders. There are not many out there that are better than Cesc. We need to reinforce the team, not waste money getting reinforcements where they are not needed.

Tomchin

I can't understand why we would want to get rid of him? He did ok this year even though our whole midfield was by-passed by the idiot Tata's tactcs, or lack of. Surely he is worth holding onto for another season at least and if there really has not been an improvement then sell him. Xavi is not getting any younger and we need midfielders. There are not many out there that are better than Cesc. We need to reinforce the team, not waste money getting reinforcements where they are not needed.
But has there been any improvement with Fabregas during his 3 seasons at the club? He always has a brilliant first half of the season, followed by a crap second half of the season (needless to say that the second half of the season is the most important because trophies are won there). If we can sell Fabregas for 53M and replace him with Koke for 60M, then why not?

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Two things really, firstly Koke isn't worth £60 million and secondly nobody is going to pay £53 million for Cesc. I think he has had two very good seasons and one (this one) ok season considering all the problems the team was having.

Tomchin

Two things really, firstly Koke isn't worth £60 million and secondly nobody is going to pay £53 million for Cesc. I think he has had two very good seasons and one (this one) ok season considering all the problems the team was having.
I meant euros though, 53M euro is the asking-price that was mentioned for Cesc earlier in the press. I think Koke's buy-out clause is 60M euro, so he probably would leave for a lot less.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
remember there's been no stability manager wise or consistent run of games in his favoured position since he's been here.

serghei

I'm starting to get convinced that we'd better keep all of our players and make just 4 new signings. 1 GK, 2CBs and 1 RB/CM.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I certainly wouldn't want to see a clean out. Puyol and Valdes have retired or moved and Xavi is not going to get as many games next season. I honestly don't know of a better right wing back than Dani Alves and I am mystified about all the hate he received this year. We have signed a keeper and we all know that we need another CB. Rafina Bojan and Deulofeu are on their way back and therefore I would be prepared to let Alexis go. He has improved dramatically this year but he is coming towards the end of his contract and for economic reasons I would rather get some money for him now and have Bojan/Deulofeu as a substitute for Pedro. I do think we do need a number 9 and Llorente would be my choice too.

We have the best academy in the world and part of the reason for it's success is because we do give youngsters a chance in the first team. If we buy, buy, buy we will stifle that talent and we will, in the long run, be worse off as we can't complete financially with the privately owned clubs. Lucho will trust the youth. Let us not forget that even with the most clueless manager we have had in the last 15 years we still managed to take it to the last game of the season and that was down to the players, not the manager. Ergo the players are not the problem.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I'd sell him. Things have gotten to a point where you have to realize it just isn't a great marriage and can be a great decision to both parties if he would leave. He doesn't seem to enjoy it here at times and since careers are quite short, he should go where he feels valued and where he feels he is a key figure in the squad. 30M+ and it's fine by me. Love to get more for him and I think it's possible, but tbh I am fed up with him here. Love the guy as a player, but not here unfortunately...

jamrock

sell, dont have to replace him with anyone since he never really has a position in the team, a combination of players can replace him

Home of Barca Fans