Would you sell Cesc Fàbregas this summer?

Would you sell Cesc Fàbregas this summer?

• Total voters

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not for anything under €40m. I wouldn't mind if he stayed another season though.

CatalinR10

For 45- 50 M , yes .

Also , I would keep him as a squad player , not 1'st team material when it comes to big games.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Definitely a keeper.

Who is going to replace Cesc, for those of you who want him out? Rafinha? Too green.

Come on. I don't know what triggered this hate toward Cesc lately. His cold streak? Geez, sell Goetze, sell Ribery, sell Reus (a couple of months ago)!!

F

Flavia

Definitely a keeper.

Who is going to replace Cesc, for those of you who want him out? Rafinha? Too green.

Come on. I don't know what triggered this hate toward Cesc lately. His cold streak? Geez, sell Goetze, sell Ribery, sell Reus (a couple of months ago)!!

Confusing foruns/teams? :lol:

jamrock

we sell cesc, we give bayern 50m to get back thiago, bring back rafa and its like this

Busquets,Xavi,Iniesta,Thiago,Rafa, Keita replacement.

next season xavi gracefully bows out, we intergrate samper in the team slowly and buy another older midfielder.

nice.

Fact is Cesc lacks the unique qualities to make a successful midfield for us, unless we change the way we play and cesc isn't worth it.

if you dont believe me ask DB who hardly plays cesc in midfield, he will sooner play koke or thiago

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You do it, if they fail to integrate for 3 seasons.

Has Cesc been given one, just one FULL season where he is a starter? Was he given the chance to intergrate? Under Tito? Tata? Not to mention the last couple of seasons we were going down hill, everyone, not just Cesc, has been subpar. Why singling out Cesc?

F

Flavia

Has Cesc been given one, just one FULL season where he is a starter? Was he given the chance to intergrate? Under Tito? Tata? Not to mention the last couple of seasons we were going down hill, everyone, not just Cesc, has been subpar. Why singling out Cesc?

That's not true, at all. For resultadists, maybe. But I'm singling him out because of his performances. I don't blame Cesc for the defense needing reinforcements and being awful in some games. His game is at fault. He started all 3 seasons well, went downhill in the 2nd part of the season in all those 3 seasons. And the team plays better without him. And of course he was given the chance to integrate. He's just failing to do so. Alexis managed to integrate, with far less minutes.

Last season he played 3336 minutes, in 47 matches. This season he already has 3537 min, started 41 matches. Out of position, or in his favorite position, he's not doing well to me. He can't deliver only from august to december, against weak opposition.

ceefoo

Depends. On a lot of things. Like what kind of offers we get, who the coach will be, what style/formation/etc he will play, etc.
THIS! Still a lot needs to happen. As of today I'd keep him, but if a great offer comes and we can bring in a suitable replacement I wouldn't be against his departure.
Has Cesc been given one, just one FULL season where he is a starter? Was he given the chance to intergrate? Under Tito? Tata?
Fact is he arrived when Xavi & Iniesta were at their peak. It certainly hasn't helped him that in the 3 seasons since he signed, he's played under 3 different Coaches. All have struggled to find a place for him in the team without affecting balance. And not being given a consistent run of games in his preferred CM role has stifled his development and affected his form.

*People saying that Xavi needs to step aside and hand the throne to Cesc is wishful thinking, it's simply not going to happen unless a strong Coach steps in and does it.

BarçAjax8

*People saying that Xavi needs to step aside and hand the throne to Cesc is wishful thinking, it's simply not going to happen unless a strong Coach steps in and does it.

A coach wouldn't do that because Cesc simply can't do what Xavi does, control a match. Cesc just isn't that type of player which is why he works best in 4-2-3-1 so he can just attack while the players behind him do the dirty work. We don't play that way so Cesc doesn't work well.

And replace him with who? Sergi Roberto? I don't think Fàbregas is started material for us but our midfield is terrible enough as it is.

Sell Cesc because he can't cover for Iniesta or Xavi. Too much EPL in his blood. We should start investing in younger up-coming talent who can sustain the club for a new cycle. Oliver Torres' playing style is the most similar to Xavi's but he also offers a lot more. At 5'10 he has height and pace with and without the ball.

INIESTA - BUSQUETS - XAVI: as our starting mid lineup (slowly phasing out Xavi)
rafinha - mascherano - oliver torres & sergi roberto as backups. 7 players for 3 positions is good squad depth with a great amount of experience with youth.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans