Would you sell Cesc Fàbregas this summer?

Would you sell Cesc Fàbregas this summer?

• Total voters

e28makaveli

Xavi should step aside and let Cesc have his day in the sun.

agreed.

Rafinhaa or we can buy someone else (read: Toni Kroos)

Yes for Toni Kroos.

No, the point is, you just don't sell good players simply because they have been off form.

... and that my friend is short-sightedness.

You do it, if they fail to integrate for 3 seasons.

possibly because Xavi does not want to step aside?

Ursegor

World Champion
I don't want Kroos. He has the same problems Cesc has. Slow, defensively not sound, not sharp, more of an AM than CM. And on top of that he's a worse final passer. In the past 2 seasons (Heynckes system + Pep system) he has less assists than "past his prime sideway pass Xavi" despite playing AM most of the time with lots of movement infront of him. Good player but overrated because he plays for Bayern. If he were 34 years old people would have blamed his "sideway passing" for the loss yesterday. :lol:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I don't want Kroos. He has the same problems Cesc has. Slow, defensively not sound, not sharp, more of an AM than CM. And on top of that he's a worse final passer. In the past 2 seasons (Heynckes system + Pep system) he has less assists than "past his prime sideway pass Xavi" despite playing AM most of the time with lots of movement infront of him. Good player but overrated because he plays for Bayern. If he were 34 years old people would have blamed his "sideway passing" for the loss yesterday. :lol:
So that practically means that there is nobody viable in the transfer market for our deficiencies i.e a no nonsense CB, defensive RB and game controlling CM. But I have to say that Kroos seems better when he has Martinez playing DM with Schwienstiger his passing and movement seem more controlled and he feels like an altogether better player

Last edited:
V

voodoomaster

Of course he must go. He always plays good for 5 months against the poorest teams, then Its Holiday mode. Barcas big weakness is lack of authority. Puyol was finished in 2011, xavi in 2012, Alves, in 2013. The only time the attitude was right was with abidal, unfortunately he could still have benefited the team. In my opinion our main problem is xavi - how to Get him out of the club in a decent way? He obviously dosent understand that he isnt half the player he once were, and he is basically robbing the club with his paycheck. Same thing with Alves by the way. If you guys want to see Barca succeed again, some of the big guns, has beens, have to go.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
If and only to finance a move for new CM like Vidal.

Xavi is really the one who needs to move on. I respect and admire El Maestro for everything he has done for the club but his time has come and gone.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'd never give him the luxury of being a player we build around. He'll be one of our better weapons/squad players but never a dominating figure because his overall performance doesn't support or enhance our play as a team which is crucial for a CM at Barca.

However selling him is equally stupid without a proper backup. You want to go into a crucial year next season where we have a lot of questions to answer with our third midfielder being an inexperienced Rafinha? Xavi is crippled enough as it is, we don't need to screw ourselves over more. Cesc provides some of the depth that we don't have. Any game against a difficult and combative team will see him disappear but does that mean we go to the other extreme and sell him off? No.

If there comes a time when we are stable in midfield and can afford to lose someone, then yes I'd be open to the idea. Until that scenario comes, no.

Devils

I'd sell him in a instant.

We need players who can actually play the entire season and not vanish for half of it. And we should use the finances we get from him to buy someone of that caliber.

Cesc absolutely has to go if it were up to me. 3 seasons and 3 coaches later, it's the same old shit over and over again.

Home of Barca Fans