World's best midfielder

Who is the world's best midfielder(after X&I)

• Total voters
B

barcelona6

Because he lives on past reputation. He hasn't been the same player for a while now. A fantastic player destroyed by injuries unfortunately.

19 goals 20 assists last season for a midfielder is phenomenal. He's an excellent player. Plagued by injuries this season but still has 9 goals and 13 assists.

Wilshere clearly isn't the best but it's not that laughable. He's performed a lot better than most of these so called superstars this season. He's probably been the league's best central midfielder this season.

Modric.

Also wheres Busquets? Hes defo better than Gerrard,Lampard Essien.On par with Cambiasso imo.

Modric should be in the Poll without a doubt.Van der Vaart as well.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Modric.

Also wheres Busquets? Hes defo better than Gerrard,Lampard Essien.On par with Cambiasso imo.

Van der Faart is overrated. Though Modric does deserve a mention, he is top, top class.

Bergkamp10

Modric.

Oh yeah forgot about him. He's had a great season but Wilshere's performances against Barcelona, United in the FA Cup and Chelsea just edge it for me. But I am very biased.

Van der Vaart's been good too but I wouldn't call him a central midfielder. Scott Parker's had an incredible season aswell.

Last edited:

Elite-BkD

Who else would step into the Arsenal starting 11 and outshine Cesc over the season as well as over every match against top competition? Who else would actually be effective in the midfield against Barcelona without resorting to kicking players to bits? Not to mention playing for a team with a rubbish back 4 and more ordinary front 3 than any 'top team' ought to have.
Wilshere owns.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Who else would step into the Arsenal starting 11 and outshine Cesc over the season as well as over every match against top competition? Who else would actually be effective in the midfield against Barcelona without resorting to kicking players to bits? Not to mention playing for a team with a rubbish back 4 and more ordinary front 3 than any 'top team' ought to have.
Wilshere owns.

lol

C

Carefree

Xavi is number 1, Iniesta is not number 2. Little difficult to rank them after Xavi. On this seasons form alone Ozil has been comfortably the best of the bunch mind. (I voted Lampard for pure biasness too) ;-)

Bergkamp10

Wilshere owns.

Yeah Nasri, Walcott and RvP is really ordinary. And our shit back 4 have conceded 3 less goals than Uniteds.

@Jesse no I don't think Parker is world class or anything near it, just think he's had a great season and mentioned him as one of the standouts.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yeah Nasri, Walcott and RvP is really ordinary. And our shit back 4 have conceded 3 less goals than Uniteds.

@Jesse no I don't think Parker is world class or anything near it, just think he's had a great season and mentioned him as one of the standouts.

Walcott is ordinary let's face it but I agree with you on everything else.

Home of Barca Fans