Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Wesley Sneijder

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • other

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters

Beast

The Observer
wjesley doesn't deserve it because, yeah, he got to 4 finals (so did ballack in 2002) but he didn't win any himself. in fact he was pretty meh in all of them. diego milito won 3 for inter with all the goals, and without milito he was taken to school by busquets and espanya.

what SHOULD happen:

1. Xavi
2. Milito
3. Iniesta
4. Wjesley
5. Villa/Schweinsteiger/Robben

villa struggled for valencia but dragged the world cup winners to the semi-final, but you could equally make a case for schweiny who led bayern to a domestic double, CL final and world-cup third place, and robben who did all that + an upgrade of a world cup final.

for me, wjesley 2010 = ballack 2002 with a bit of help at club level. so he should be a higher than ballack was (5th), but his contributions to the key games weren't huge which is what keeps him only one place higher. iniesta had a poor season but bossed the final hour of the world cup final and scored the winning goal, that is huge.

and then the winner obv. comes from xavi and milito who were the outstanding performers of the season. milito had a poor world cup but had an amazing regular season. xavi had a great regular season, not dripping with trophies but 99 points ain't nothin' ta fuck wit' and he played the last month with one leg. and then he had a decent world cup early and then in the final two games was simply majestic. worthy winner.

however, what WILL happen:

1. Iniesta
2. Wjesley
3. Xavi
4. Messi
5. Ronaldo/Kaka/Milito

Ehm Wesley got to 4 finals and won 3.. Ballack reached 4 finals and lost them all.. big difference ..

and there is no way Iniesta is second or first..

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Ehm Wesley got to 4 finals and won 3.. Ballack reached 4 finals and lost them all.. big difference ..

and there is no way Iniesta is second or first..

wjesley technically won three, yes.

but he didn't really win them, did he? milito and the defence did. everyone else was just kinda there, running around and working hard.

if zidane won it in '98, andrés will take it in 2010. just watch.

it shouldn't be him or wjesley, it should be xavi or milito (xavi then milito, for me) but it won't be.

Beast

The Observer
Milito not even starting for his country in the WC takes him out of the picture..
Sneijder was the lynch pin for both country and club.. his passing skills made it happen
Zidane was more influential in 98 than Iniesta in 2010 plus the later had a season to forget on club level .
I compare Iniesta to Petit .. both scored in the final but hardly deserve credit as WPOY.. Xavi-Sneijder it's between them and Messi third

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
lol no.. hell no. there's a massive difference between petit and iniesta. petit scored a goal that didn't matter in a 3-0 match. he scored the third in the 90th minute.
iniesta scored the ONLY goal which both sneijder and robben failed to do which is why he will win it.
personally I think Xavi should win it.

1. xavi
2. iniesta
3. messi
4. sneijder
5. robben

Beast

The Observer
Iniesta contribution to the WC and through out the season was minimum .. it's not about who score in the WC final (Maradona didn't in 86,Cannavaro didn't in 06 , Breheme scored the winner in WC 90 and didn't win it ) .. it's the overall contribution and decisiveness in the WC plus the season and in that aspect Iniesta falls short a lot shorter .
he doesn't even deserve to be first or second at all .. anyone who put him second or first should take his head out of his ass tbh

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
what other than score two goals in the final did zidane do 1998?

iniesta scored a decisive goal in the match against Chile.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
ACTUALLY!!
iniesta won 5 titles this season, plus scored the decisive winner in the World Cup final.
Europe Supercopa (against sjachtar)
Spain trophy (against bilbao)
La Liga
FIFA world Cup
FIFA club world cup

= iniesta is ZEEEEH winn0000rrrr!

Beast

The Observer
what other than score two goals in the final did zidane do 1998?

iniesta scored a decisive goal in the match against Chile.
Did a lot in the group stage , his red card blocked him for some of the KO but he was instrumental in all France moves.. the brace in the final was the cherry on top of the cake . i don't blame you , as you were probably 5 year old in 98
Iniesta however was below par it was all Xavi-Villa all the way to the final

ACTUALLY!!
iniesta won 5 titles this season, plus scored the decisive winner in the World Cup final.
Europe Supercopa (against sjachtar)
Spain trophy (against bilbao)
La Liga
FIFA world Cup
FIFA club world cup

= iniesta is ZEEEEH winn0000rrrr!
Shagmisskey christ
3 of those belong to the last season genius , as they are direct result to last year winnings

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
actually yes I was 5 years but i've seen replays and I don't think he was that good. Thuram was the savior imo.

Beast

The Observer
lol Thuram was no savior Tiam . Thuram most impressive contribution was the brace in Croatia end of story ..

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
then what about Henry, consistent throughout the tournament. Deschamps?

Personally I think that Casillas or Xavi should win the WPOTY but that's not how it works yeah. That's what I'm trying to say, not that Zidane should not have ben the winner because this is how it works.
[YOUTUBE]ZtQIaTl-010[/YOUTUBE]
Oh yeah? This match then, where he missed 2 sitters and got a red card? 2 match suspension anyone?
[YOUTUBE]DmQAH5CcODc[/YOUTUBE]
really that active in the game? nah..

He played okay against Croatia he can have that, those 2-3 shots in the beginning were dangerous but thanks to who did they win? You know the answer, Lilian Thuram..
You know what happened in the final..

My conclusion is that just likE Zidane, Iniesta will win the WPOTY.

Home of Barca Fans