Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Wesley Sneijder

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • other

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Lol Meta.. how old are you ? seriously ?

Expected to beat who exactly ? Italy ?
newsflash
France failed to even reach the World cup in 1990 , 1994.. playing the team who was semi-finalist in 1990 and finalist in 1994.. filled with super stars like Baggio, Maldini,Vieri all in their prime vs player who became superstars after the WC
The decisive moment was overcoming Italy , Croatia was similar to Uruguay the last WC

comprehension man, jesus christ.

I was talking about people expecting france to beat croatia, WE were talking about france beating croatia, something they weren't going to do until lilian stepped up.

Woop ya ya.. Iniesta scored in the final WOW..
Sneijder didn't make much impact ? lol
how about the fact that he was his country top scorer ? scored in every single KO game till the final ?
his goal scoring in the WC is shared with pure striker.. he was the only midfielder to score that much ?
how u can even compared a poor Iniesta with two goals and zero assists for Spain with Sneijder 5 goals and 2 assists
all Sneijder goals were decisive for his country vs Solvakia,Brazil,Uruguay , Japan
Iniesta contribution is exactly like Petit in 1998 .. nothing more nothing less.. the Zidane for Spain was Xavi

dude, seriously, stop talking nonsense.

sneijder scored goals, yes, (let's ignore the fact that most were incredibly lucky) he made them too. as did villa. as did forlan - tbh forlan's achievement was far greater than sneijder's or anyone else as he carried a side nowhere near the level of the others to the semi-finals. but none of that matters if you don't turn up in the final and WIN IT. cannavaro did in 2006, ronaldo did in 2002, zidane did in 98, as did romario in 94. etc. etc. etc.

wjesley didn't show up in 2010, iniesta did. iniesta also won.

iniesta was not petit. petit scored a meaningless goal in the final. iniesta scored the decisive goal in the final and was voted MOTM. he also scored a decisive winner earlier in the tournament and picked up two more MOTM votes I believe?

If he didn't score in the final there was a lot better players who should have taken his place in the dream team.. stop being so freakin biased .. it's not even funny
Xavi or Sneijder but Iniesta.. lol i would easily put Ramos,Villa,Puyol,Iker ahead of Iniesta in terms of contribution to the WC trophy.. his only stand out was the goal in the final

I'm not being biased for fucks sake.

I HAVE REPEATEDLY SAID XAVI SHOULD WIN THE AWARD. I MERELY THINK FIFA WILL AWARD IT TO INIESTA BECAUSE HE BOSSED THE FINAL SO EMPHATICALLY.

jesus christ man, stop being so fucking obtuse.

Pepe Silvia

Iniesta's contributions were off the ball as well (thank God since for the majority of last season he saw bad patches) and although his goal was huge he was extremely effective in other areas as well. Ramos' contributions were equally immense imho. You can make the same case for every Spain starter tbh because the passing system is set up for maximum touches and the only way to do that is to distribute the ball evenly around the pitch. That's what made the team victory so memorable.

Meta - Wes showed up in 2010 man he won triplete and Final honors (even though he had moments of douchebaggery sprinkled throughout). For me the question remains, does the WPOTY depend solely on the WC? If it does, then the award should clearly go to Xavi with an Iniesta second. If it factors in the entire year wpot "Y" as it suggests in the title, then Wes should win it with a Xavi nod and a Messi mention. It all depends on the weight of the WC to win the WPOTY.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
Well...it all really depends on what counts in this vote.

For my money...the best player over a season should win it...even if his team hasn't won anything. Now Sneider has been part of the most success,treble and WC finalist....but as great a player as he is...he cannot compare to Messi hands down...Messi was THE outstanding player last season scoring 47 goals(only 2 of which penalties) and assisting 13 more...from a winger/AM position...Xavi has also been massively impressive for club and country since forever and especially this season(which is what we are talking about) but his contribution in the WC was not so much out of the ordinary...Andres Iniesta was the star of the WC,being the best in the loss against the Swiss,the best against Chile,starting the move for the goal against Portugal,setting the winner against Paraguay with a brilliant signature move...and being no less than heroic in the WC final from the second half onwards...but his club season was disappointing for his standards...All in all,Messi should win it...especially if his Barca form picks up from where he left it...despite the fact that he did not score in the WC...but since the WC carries so much prestige...then it is all to play for....

Hamzah

High Definition Member
sorry meta but milito is not getting anywhere near the award. sneijder WILL finish ahead of him.

Moe