• Wesley Sneijder

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • other

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters

Beast

The Observer
Played something won most of the trophies is something else
Xavi won the league and the world cup , Sneijder won everything he played in except the WC final..
it's not hard to say who had the better year , it's all down to those judging at the end but in my book Wesley had the perfect year club and country Xavi didn't given he was solid through out the WC imo level or a little below Villa .

it will be not fair if Iniesta won it though

JAMAIN

For me it's Sneijder

he won everything on club level this year , he reached the WC final and was in both occasions instrumental
u can argue Xavi but apart from the WC Barca won nothing but the local league
Holland reaching the final is a milestone for them and it means Sneijder reached 4 finals playing a huge part and lost only 1 final
so for me the rightful owner is Wesley

And seriously people Messi won't win it after the crash out with Argentina scoring zero in the process

Yeah but that final is the the world cup and it holds precedence this year. Barca would not have repeated the League without him either. With Iniesta injured Xavi carried the midfield.
I would not complain if Wes wins it because his trophy cabinet is pretty full right now, however, the main key to Inter was it's defense not Wesley. Plus Holland hardly played the type of football that it is renowned for in this world cup. In fact they were very conservative and almost ugly in their approach. Spain however played the possession game true to the purist and it was because of Xavi. His win would be a credit to the beautiful football that has been played and has proven effective enough to win a world cup!

Beast

The Observer
It's one of them no doubt but IMO Sneijder nicks it slightly .
of course Xavi WC trophy usually give any player the upper hand however if the decided it's Iniesta than it's a big farce IMO not because Iniesta is bad but because he had one of his worst seasons with Barca and didn't really shine as much as Villa or Xavi in the WC

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Iniesta was injured mostly thos seasn, so.... He wont win it for sure.
He wasn't injured for the most part of the season.

Ballon D'or is obviously Xavi now. No one comes close in total. Consistently among the best player of every team he played with. Bar one game vs Almeria I believe. Other than that? No rest, always playing, always delivering and absolutely delivering in the most important games.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
For me it's Sneijder

he won everything on club level this year , he reached the WC final and was in both occasions instrumental
u can argue Xavi but apart from the WC Barca won nothing but the local league
Holland reaching the final is a milestone for them and it means Sneijder reached 4 finals playing a huge part and lost only 1 final
so for me the rightful owner is Wesley

wjesley doesn't deserve it because, yeah, he got to 4 finals (so did ballack in 2002) but he didn't win any himself. in fact he was pretty meh in all of them. diego milito won 3 for inter with all the goals, and without milito he was taken to school by busquets and espanya.

what SHOULD happen:

1. Xavi
2. Milito
3. Iniesta
4. Wjesley
5. Villa/Schweinsteiger/Robben

villa struggled for valencia but dragged the world cup winners to the semi-final, but you could equally make a case for schweiny who led bayern to a domestic double, CL final and world-cup third place, and robben who did all that + an upgrade of a world cup final.

for me, wjesley 2010 = ballack 2002 with a bit of help at club level. so he should be a higher than ballack was (5th), but his contributions to the key games weren't huge which is what keeps him only one place higher. iniesta had a poor season but bossed the final hour of the world cup final and scored the winning goal, that is huge.

and then the winner obv. comes from xavi and milito who were the outstanding performers of the season. milito had a poor world cup but had an amazing regular season. xavi had a great regular season, not dripping with trophies but 99 points ain't nothin' ta fuck wit' and he played the last month with one leg. and then he had a decent world cup early and then in the final two games was simply majestic. worthy winner.

however, what WILL happen:

1. Iniesta
2. Wjesley
3. Xavi
4. Messi
5. Ronaldo/Kaka/Milito

Last edited:

G.J

V.H. 4 life
It just has to be Xavi, after 2 and half years of utter dominance, magic, and trophies. If not now when the hell will he ever win it :lol:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I want Xavi to win it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad

Surely Cristiano honaldo wont be in the top 5?

messi iniesta xavi forlan sneidjer diego milito just to name a small few who had alot more imapct then him

Hamzah

High Definition Member
ronaldo did nothing this year but knowing fifa they'll get him in the top 3, and even kaka ffs he has been shite for 2 years now.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
if kaka is there i quit with football

but yea cristiano won NOTHING and didnt even lead his own team in goles did he? dont see how he can be in top 5 at all

Home of Barca Fans