Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigeria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I don't quite get this tbh. Messi, Agüero, Higuain, Di Maria, Mascherano, Zabaleta all live in Europe for years. Similarly Alves, Marcelo, T. Silva, D. Luiz, Hulk etc. Why would they be more comfortable with the hot and humid climate?

I don't think it's true that European teams struggle in America. A European team has never won it on North / South American soil but that's more coincidence than anything else IMO, like "Messi hasn't scored from open play in England" before the CL final in 2011. The last 2 times in 94 and 86 there were 3 European semi-finalists. Just coincided with Romario's Brazil and Maradona's Argentina. In fact in 1994 7 out of 8 quarter finalists were European. lol And that was one of the hottest World Cups ever.

Haven't Spain already broken the "no European team has won it outside of Europe" curse?
Well they will have to deal with Messi's Argentina this time so its likely to continue plus Spain only broke it in Africa this is South America

Kerrybai

I don't quite get this tbh. Messi, Agüero, Higuain, Di Maria, Mascherano, Zabaleta all live in Europe for years. Similarly Alves, Marcelo, T. Silva, D. Luiz, Hulk etc. Why would they be more comfortable with the hot and humid climate?

I don't think it's true that European teams struggle in America. A European team has never won it on North / South American soil but that's more coincidence than anything else IMO, like "Messi hasn't scored from open play in England" before the CL final in 2011. The last 2 times in 94 and 86 there were 3 European semi-finalists. Just coincided with Romario's Brazil and Maradona's Argentina. In fact in 1994 7 out of 8 quarter finalists were European. lol And that was one of the hottest World Cups ever.

Haven't Spain already broken the "no European team has won it outside of Europe" curse?

You may well be right, with modern training methods something like climate may not be a huge factor anymore. I do still think the likes of Brazil and Argentina would fair better than say England playing deep in the Amazon or on an energy sapping humid day in Rio. That goes for the likes of Messi etc too as they have played world cup qualifiers in these conditions. The advantage is probably quite small.

ivan22

Switzerland :dance:

Just kidding, but their squad for the WC is probably the best in the entire history of swiss football. Only weak spot is a CB (fucking Senderos/Djourou)

King Leo

Banned
The team that will play best defence will win the WC. That's my prediction

Since I'm a hardcore Albiceleste fan since age of 7 my vote goes for Argentina PROVIDED THE DEFENCE PLAYS WELL otherwise it's Brazil

Kerrybai

Pedircting his is very hard, I think several teams will sail to the last 8, Spain, Argentina, Brazil etc. From there on out it's anyones guess.

Alarcón

Switzerland :dance:

Just kidding, but their squad for the WC is probably the best in the entire history of swiss football. Only weak spot is a CB (fucking Senderos/Djourou)

Only because the coach is an idiot... Schär should be a definitive starter and players like Senderos and Von Bergen have no business being in the squad of any national team let alone that of one of the best in Europe... If Switzerland don't achieve a lot in the upcoming World Cup, I'll blame it on the coach and no one else because they certainly have the squad for it.

want Argentina, think it's Brazil....or may be Germany.

Argentina doesn't have a good-enough defence or a midfield creative playmaker unless Messi will play in that position !!!

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Argentina will hopefully outscore every team they play with their amazing attack. Their defense isn't that good, but not even close to being as bad as some are making it out to be. Garay is a world-class defender. Then they have Gonzalo Rodriquez, Zabaleta, Campagnaro, Demichelis, Samuel, Otamendi, Fazio and Rojo who are all good defenders.

L

linetty

Every team will fear Messi & Di Maria...it'll be a great tournament

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Argentina will hopefully outscore every team they play with their amazing attack. Their defense isn't that good, but not even close to being as bad as some are making it out to be. Garay is a world-class defender. Then they have Gonzalo Rodriquez, Zabaleta, Campagnaro, Demichelis, Samuel, Otamendi, Fazio and Rojo who are all good defenders.

You forgot the heart of the defense Lord Romero :lol:. Oh please oh please God make Willy the #1 GK for Argentina in this WC

Home of Barca Fans