Who should replace Valdés?

Who should replace Valdes?

• Total voters

mixer

Guaita and ter Stegen are the most likely transfers imo. Many people say Courtois but he's impossible to buy. He has a contract with Chelsea to 2016 and they want to keep him badly.

Well, this is not a bad option too.
messi%20goalkeeper.jpg

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
I wanted De Gea at Barca back then when he was still at Atleti. Now I'm a little doubtful about it since he looks abit confused to be relied on completely for a whole season. I still think he should be one of the serious options for Barca once Valdes leaves the club. He could be an outstanding GK if he puts his shit together.

Meitux

since as everybody said neuer is surely impossible and its pretty hard for courtois as chelsea have found their replacement of cech, on the current options i will go for ter stegen

M

Messi+Eto

Please Please Please not De Gae get Joe Hart (Wont happen) or some German GK (They are usually good).

Ursegor

World Champion
I wanted De Gea at Barca back then when he was still at Atleti. Now I'm a little doubtful about it since he looks abit confused to be relied on completely for a whole season. I still think he should be one of the serious options for Barca once Valdes leaves the club. He could be an outstanding GK if he puts his shit together.

He looks confused because he's actually getting tested playing for Manchester United. Opponents are targeting and assaulting him left and right with every corner kick and high ball and United are conceding an unusual amount of shots on goal. Zonal Marking even published an article about it called "Why are Manchester United allowing so many shots on their goal this season".

graph1.jpg

graph2.jpg

Contrary to Barcelona who are conceding like 2 shots on target on average (and we still end up conceding).

De Gea is still a baby for a goalkeeper with 22, a very good shot stopper, lots of room for improvement and comfortable with his feet. He'd be the perfect fit.

The work he has to do is incredible. Watch the video.

Chygrinskiy21

About damn time you returned here, this place needs all the help it can get.

Nah man... It seems that this place is infested with prepubescent children (more than it already was) who never watched pre-Messi Barca... Dinho at best. Of course they don't know the value of Vicky.
Besides, we all know how uptight the admin here is. (Watch this post get deleted)

Guardian

Pepe Reina, because he is La Masia product and he's bald. Or Ter Stegen, because his transfer is realistic and possible and because German beer is good. Or Hugo Lloris, because he is French and plays without underwear. Or Pinto, because he's better than Valdes and his tail is damn cool. What did happen to Diego Lopez?

Micah

De Gea is good, his reflexes are unbelievable but he has this totally unconventional style though. He likes to parry the ball out of danger more often, even when he could actually try to handle the ball and this is where it costs him most of the time, for instance the goal last weekend against Liverpool or even worse the one against Newcastle don't really go past the danger zone and ends up on easy tap ins.

Handling is more like the strong point for Ter stegen, he's comfortable with the ball on his feet and his parrying is very strong aswell. His only real drawback is see, is his positioning and has the tendency of rushing out a bit too early. But these mistakes can easily be corrected through training, not that i'm saying the ones mentioned of De Gea cannot be corrected, is just that it's a longer process.
If not for both of them, i'd prefer Lloris. He's a top GK.

MarkYaeger

Guaita and ter Stegen are the most likely transfers imo. Many people say Courtois but he's impossible to buy. He has a contract with Chelsea to 2016 and they want to keep him badly.

Well, this is not a bad option too.
messi%20goalkeeper.jpg

Hahaha. I back this

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I hear rustu is out of job.

I know he is a bit old but look, he has never conceded a goal in his life:

capturefoe.jpg

Home of Barca Fans