Who should replace Valdés?

Who should replace Valdes?

• Total voters

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Off-topic but did Pep himself or his agent say it? As far as I can see, it's only Bayern and the press saying it. Tbh, until Pep or his agent says it I wouldn't take anything else said as 100% fact.

Btw, Valdes would be what in 2014, 32 years old right? GKs last longer but considering he has nothing else to prove, and it being better for the club's future if a younger GK is bought and integrated, this could turn out to be the best option for everyone. Everybody was frustrated when Pep announced his departure, but look how his replacement is doing. Best start in Liga history, and on course to a unbeaten season. Change can be positive at times.

Either way, the whole thing looks suspicious, especially with the way Valdes' agent closed all doors for negotiation. One has to think there's more to it, that may or may not give a player, agent, staff, or the club a bad image.

That or Valdes just doesn't want to share a dressing room with Neymar in 2014. Massive respect for that.

Bayern representatives have said it, Press has said it, official announcements, Pep's agent, Barcelona staff/players, hell even Heynckes has said it. He's moving to Bayern. I know that we did transition very well but there is a feeling of nostalgia now that he has moved on to a different club which does have an emotional effect on the players and fans.
Also for Valdes I agree that it will be necessary to integrate a new young goalkeeper but it will be hard to fill his role. Valdes might be error prone as a keeper but there isn't anyone like him right now. Valdes has been shaky to renew his contract in the past and his agent has made it hell for us as well. I think it really is a personal thing for Valdes because no one else has so urgently wanted to leave the club. It's his choice, let's move on and focus on what happens next. The worst part for this situation is that there isn't any talented Masia player who can slowly be integrated. De Gea can fit the bill if he fulfills his potential and moves to Barcelona soon so that he can be trained to play as a sweeper-keeper. I hope we do find a really young, talented keeper who can lead us on for the next decade or so. And in the mean time, Barcelona need to start scouting more goalkeeping prospects for the youth academy so we never have this problem in the future.

veryfatchocobo

Off-topic but did Pep himself or his agent say it? As far as I can see, it's only Bayern and the press saying it. Tbh, until Pep or his agent says it I wouldn't take anything else said as 100% fact.

Btw, Valdes would be what in 2014, 32 years old right? GKs last longer but considering he has nothing else to prove, and it being better for the club's future if a younger GK is bought and integrated, this could turn out to be the best option for everyone. Everybody was frustrated when Pep announced his departure, but look how his replacement is doing. Best start in Liga history, and on course to a unbeaten season. Change can be positive at times.

Either way, the whole thing looks suspicious, especially with the way Valdes' agent closed all doors for negotiation. One has to think there's more to it, that may or may not give a player, agent, staff, or the club a bad image.

That or Valdes just doesn't want to share a dressing room with Neymar in 2014. Massive respect for that.
LOL you remind me of Karl Rove and this year's election...

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not sure why many want Guaita when even Diego Alves, who was brought in as a #2, has already supplanted him between the pipes?

PrRan

I dont understand the valdes situation. Still hope they can get him to stay. in my eyes he is the best option for barca. great shotstopper, great with his feet(minus the super copa error) and quick out of goal to clean up. My two options are De Gea and Ter Stegen. In my eyes the only thing de Gea has over Ter Stegen is the language. Barca should by Ter Stegen in the summer and keep Valdes till end of his contract and switch ter stegen with valdes the whole of next season.

raskolnikov

Ter Stegen can learn Spanish in a season, thats not much of an issue imo.
If they contract him now for next season he can already get some basic Spanish skills by taking lessons now.
Guaita would be good as well.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
Guillermo Ochoa.
Heard he's been doing well. Had a great game vs psg been 180 minutes psg can't score on him. Time to move to a better league and prove himself. Plus he speaks Spanish already.

F

Flavia

Would love nothing but De Gea joining Barca, a repeat of Hesp & Bonano era...
Hahaha, that would be any madridista's dream, no wonder you voted for him :p
I hope he's not our target.

Home of Barca Fans