Which players should FC Barcelona buy in the upcoming years and why?

Co0ter

Imo. If Cesc comes then there'll be no room for another striker as Iniesta will surely be played as left attacking midfielder/forward more often (rotations or not).
I guess 2 signings would be enough: striker or Cesc + left footed defender/full back

I don't agree, what-so-ever. Iniesta is best utilized in the midfield. He doesn't have goal-scoring prowess at all..I know he scored a few goals but the guy really doesn't have a knack for goal. He can do everything and more from the midfield position, including attract defenders away from the trident, without replacing a better goalscorer.

TheStig

I predict this:

Out: Milito, Maxwell

In: Coentrão (or maybe some other world class LB/CB), Botia, Rossi and maybe Cesc if Arsenal lowers the price

the squad:

Valdes (Pinto)
Alves (Adriano) Puyol (Botia), Pique (Fontas), Abidal (Coentrão)
Busquets (Mascherano)
Xavi (Thiago,Cesc), Iniesta (Keita)
Messi (Bojan), Villa (Rossi), Pedro (Affelay, Jeffren)

Last edited:

Trequartista

The good
Nice player but inconsistent,he was at his best in the last African cup of nations and was used as a right winger in a three men attack,pacy,clever at beating his man,always thought he would be a future start but so far I has been disappointed with him

N

nejcf15

I guess Coentrao isn't really needed. Now we have Abidal, Adriano, Maxwell and soon Muniesa (i guess). We don't need 4 or even 5 LB's lol

IN:Botia, Cacares and some "cheap" (10-15m) striker (who can score from distance), and maybe Tadić(Groningen, pretty awesome this season 7 goals and 16 assists)

OUT: Maxwell (?), Ibra, VicSan, Keirrison, Henrique, Hleb

Last edited:

Gibbons

[barcastuff]
Barcelona focuses on 3 positions to strengthen the squad this summer: centre-back, midfielder and forward. [md]

[barcastuff]
The plan for now is to spend big on an attacker (Sanchez, Rossi or Neymar) and to buy 2 more less expensive players. [md]

So, judging from that, I'm going to say the central defender we bring in will be Botia. I still think Milito is out, but since we aren't going for cover at LB then that leads me to believe Maxwell will be here again next season.

Not quite sure what to think on the midfielder, as all the ones that I've seen linked to us have not been of the "less expensive" variety (i.e., Cesc, Pastore). How much would Borja Valero (Villareal) cost?

For the forward, I'd be ecstatic with either of the three listed.

N

nejcf15

Not quite sure what to think on the midfielder, as all the ones that I've seen linked to us have not been of the "less expensive" variety (i.e., Cesc, Pastore). How much would Borja Valero (Villareal) cost?

he is on 1 year loan by WBA. He has a contract there(WBA) till 30.6.2012 (according to transfermarkt, goal.com says till 2015. idk what is correct)

E

_eep_

barca have great players in their b team...with more training they will be perfect i think. they dont really need to buy players. but i think it was a lost to sell eto'o.

Last edited:

Ocurrente

Barça make surprise swoop for Sporting defender José Ángel
Posted at: 03:30 on Monday, May 23, 2011 Category: News, Transfer Rumours Written by: Stevenson

All major sporting media in Spain are reporting on Sunday Barcelona’s imminent signing of Sporting Gijon left back José Ángel on a four year deal. Negotiations are reportedly in their final phase, with a final announcement due as early as Monday. Barcelona will pay Gijon approximately four million Euros, and may send a Barça B defender to Sporting on loan as part of the arrangement. Marc Bartra, Marc Muniesa and Andreu Fontàs are all being named as potential loanees.

At 22, Ángel has been one of the bright lights in Gijon this season. After his debut with the first team in 2009, he has been a solid presence in the Sporting defense. He also plays for the Spanish U-21 national squad.

Home of Barca Fans