Which players should FC Barcelona buy in the upcoming years and why?

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Zlatan - €24m (fee agreed with Milan)
K9 - €5m
Henrique - €3m
Caceres - €5m (fee agreed with Sevilla)
Hleb - €2m
Milito - €2m

So add €40m or so to our budget of €45-50m.

nasri would be a good buy... will never happen but ya know

He's had 6 months of being consistently very good for Arsenal in 3 seasons. No thanks.

Zlatan - €24m (fee agreed with Milan)
K9 - €5m
Henrique - €3m
Caceres - €5m (fee agreed with Sevilla)
Hleb - €2m
Milito - €2m

So add €40m or so to our budget of €45-50m.
And another €30m from the Qatar sponsorship deal. So that makes it ~€120M. That's enough for Pato, Sakho, Coentrao and Cesc. But we should wait another year before buying Cesc.

impeh

Hi, its me..
there is no chance whatsoever that we will get pato, where did people get that idea from?

Gibbons

Our top priority should be improving quality and depth in defense. We will need to sign at least one CB, if not two. Here's what I think we should do:

1) Sell Milito. Sad to see him play so poorly after being so good for us in the past, but he just hasn't been the same since his injuries.

2) Excercise buy-back option on Botia (I believe that would cost €3m, right?). Botia would be an excellent 2nd choice CB for us because, 1) he has been playing well for Gijon, and 2) he is familiar with our system having played for Barca B.

3) Purchase Sakho (if possible). If we can get Sakho, see if we can sell Maxwell since Sakho can also cover at LB.

4) If we get Sakho, then loan Fontas for the season. I don't think he's entirely ready to be a 2nd choice CB for Barca at the moment, and getting a lot of playing time in La Liga for a lower-tier team will do him a lot of good.

If we can do all of that, our defense should be set. Here's how our defense would look with all that worked out:

RB - Alves, Adriano/Puyol
CB - Pique, Botia/Abidal
CB - Puyol, Sakho/Abidal
LB - Abidal, Adriano/Sakho

Then, sell all current players on loan and use the funds from that plus our transfer budget to get a rotational forward. I don't think Pato is a realistic choice, though, and it's looking like we're going after Rossi. But I'd love to see us get someone like Drogba or Forlan (an older player who would be satisfied with a rotational role or coming off the bench that would give us another dimension in attack).

I, personally, want Cesc to be at Barca, but I don't think we really need him this season. Unless we can negotiate with Arsenal to lower their asking price quite a bit, I don't think he's necessary this Summer. But, I'd love to bring him in also if we can get him for a relatively cheap price (say, around €25m to €30m). There will be enough games to get Thiago, Keita, and Cesc all a good bit of playing time. It would be nice to be able to rest Xavi more often.

Co0ter

buy Coentrão 30 Cesc 30 Pato 40

I personally rated David Luiz highly. the 25 + player they paid for him was a lot, perhaps a bit too much. But I guess that is what you'll have to pay for a young, world class CB. Coentrao is primarily a LWB is he not? 30 million for him, NO WAY. Abidal (31), after this season, definately still has a year or two left. Adriano has been fantastic the second half of the season, both defensively and offensively (can work on offense a bit more).

The money will be better spent on Pato and a CB. We need a CB 10x more than we need a Left Back....Sakho would be great for 15 million (although I can't get over how stupid looking he is) or I suppose Kompany if we could tear him away. As for a forward, Pato = perfect.

rmpcsl

sorry guys but how can you say we need a CB when Abi made a huge season as CB, the way I see:
CB - Puyol,Pique,Abi,Fontas (plus if needed Masc) is suficient enough right??
RB or LB - Dani,Adriano - Maxwell,?(Coentrão)
all we need for defense is Coentrão (and I repeat) he is 23!! (not 31) he attacks great he runs up and down like a beast he defend well he is the best LB in Europe right now and way better then David Luiz (if we like Dani so much he is kinda similar just lacks some experience but will learn fast)
In fact if IMO we need 3 players Coentrão Cesc and Pato and the chance to buy them is real every player in the world wanna come to Barça guys for sure, this 3 guys will complete the team for any injurie and can rotate to get players fresh all year.
If we sell our players for the right price we dont need to spend big money since we can sell around 10 players between Milito(injured everytime), Keita (past 30 and final contract year) and the loan players.
To finish next 3 years if nothing wrong happens with the team we only need to replace Pinto and save lot of money for the future.

SwiftGuyver

sorry guys but how can you say we need a CB when Abi made a huge season as CB, the way I see:
CB - Puyol,Pique,Abi,Fontas (plus if needed Masc) is suficient enough right??
RB or LB - Dani,Adriano - Maxwell,?(Coentrão)
all we need for defense is Coentrão (and I repeat) he is 23!! (not 31) he attacks great he runs up and down like a beast he defend well he is the best LB in Europe right now and way better then David Luiz (if we like Dani so much he is kinda similar just lacks some experience but will learn fast)
In fact if IMO we need 3 players Coentrão Cesc and Pato and the chance to buy them is real every player in the world wanna come to Barça guys for sure, this 3 guys will complete the team for any injurie and can rotate to get players fresh all year.
If we sell our players for the right price we dont need to spend big money since we can sell around 10 players between Milito(injured everytime), Keita (past 30 and final contract year) and the loan players.
To finish next 3 years if nothing wrong happens with the team we only need to replace Pinto and save lot of money for the future.

co-sign!

i agree with everything you've said there...

i wouldn't mind us getting Sakho aswell though...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Keita is going nowhere. Pep said he would keep him until he retires or something like that.
Why would you want to sell such a good backup player who on top of that seems a likable character? Because he's 31?

F

Flavia

Keita is going nowhere. Pep said he would keep him until he retires or something like that.
Why would you want to sell such a good backup player who on top of that seems a likable character? Because he's 31?
Yes, he's staying.

I thinky maybe only Maxwell will leave in the summer. We need another LB, a CB and a striker. But I have a strange feeling cesc may come.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Poor Cesc man.. missing out on some of the best Barça years in history.... that has to sting a bit after he abandoned us in time of need (ik i am being harsh)

F

Flavia

Poor Cesc man.. missing out on some of the best Barça years in history.... that has to sting a bit after he abandoned us in time of need (ik i am being harsh)
I bet it surely does. He could be here, living all this... and he knows it.

Home of Barca Fans