What position does Cesc play at Barcelona?

What position does Cesc play at Barcelona?

• Left Wing

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • The Xavi role

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • The Iniesta role

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Center forward

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

Theconomist

Okay honest question, I just realized that even tho I've only missed the Bilbao game this season I still have no clue what Cesc's position is.
Messi plays a little bit everywhere on the pitch and I understand why he's given the freedom however what has Cesc position been?
We've seen him spearhead the attack both successfully and laughably abysmally. He's played instead of Iniesta, he's played instead of Xavi. He's played as a left winger. We've seen him play in so many different positions that I really don't know what he's supposed to be for us. At times it feels like he changes mid game too.
I understand that this fluidity is what makes Barcelona HOWEVER for every great games he has he also has an equally appalling game regardless of position so I really don't know what future Pep holds for him.

Thoughts?

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
What position does he play? Many.

What position should he play?

8y0XV.jpg

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
When Messi drops back, he creates alot of space. Cesc plays in that space.

But lately he has been playing on a variety of different positions, such as the volante(which he was terrible at, but is rapidly increasing in), the enganche(his preferred position, currently occupied by Andrés) or false nine(mostly in the beginning of the season, haven't played there in quite a while).

also made one cameo performance as left winger but tht was just one el Clasico.

Yugi

he plays many so thats hard to say
I voted for the Xavi role, because thats what he should play

Clockwise

Buccaneer
I voted the Xavi role as well. Although right now Thiago is better at dictating the tempo but Cesc isn't a top dribbler and is currently too direct for iniesta role as well. Thiago has a very smooth drool worthy dribbling skill that along with his great vision can make him very suitable for the AM role. we should start training Cesc for more patient style of play and going deeper. He'd be better as a Xavi with his skill set IMO.

dalitis8

Banned
The question should have been: "What position Cesc should play for Barcelona?"

And just accept it people, Thiago is a fringe player. F A C T

Home of Barca Fans