What CL QF draws would you like?

Maria

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. Platini doing every thing to make sure Bayern and Real Madrid going to the final.

I can understand in RM's case because they would play against Manchester United, but with which team would Bayern have to face so you wouldn't say this? PSG :icon_neutral:? Chelsea :icon_neutral:?

Barca vs Dortmund
United vs Atletico
Madrid vs Chelsea
Bayern vs PsG

I think a lot of us would want to see something like that..so watch us play against Chelsea or Real Madrid. :(

Last edited:

serghei

Bayern against Dortmund? You mean that pre-season, barely officially sanctioned match against Dortmund? LoL, ok. The loss against City was in a match that didn't matter, in which City were again completely outclassed in the first 20 minutes, before Bayern seemingly stopped giving a fuck while conceding a goal due to a ridiculous penalty call and even more ridiculous blunder by Boateng.
Also I'm not sure in how far Bayern struggled against Arsenal, except for the very first 15 minutes of the 180.

Real are said to be the hottest shit right now, or so is word on the street... And from what I've seen in recent matches, I'm inclined to concur. They DO look impressive under Ancelotti.
Barca in turn, whenever I've seen them this season, even against City (though I only watched the first leg), looked a bit bleak.
Don't take offense, it's just how I and many other perceive the power ranking atm, which features Real above Barca. And don't forget, I was talking about "currently", not "beginning of the season" or something like that.

Bayern could have easily been 0-2 down against Arsenal in those 15 min. Enough said.

Barca wasn't bleak against City. Totally dominating 75% of that tie is not bleak.

I could't care less about the power ranking.

Tune in sunday night, 21:00 GMT +1. If Madrid beats us, than I would agree they are slightly better at the moment. If not, you should agree it's not the case.

Maria

Bayern could have easily been 0-2 down against Arsenal in those 15 min. Enough said.

:lol:
Honestly, I'm one of those who aren't scared of Bayern like last year(mainly because now we have a coach), but this reminds of what the Manchester United fans were saying after the CL final in 2009.

serghei

Honestly, I'm one of those who aren't scared of Bayern like last year(mainly because now we have a coach), but this reminds of what the Manchester United fans were saying after the CL final in 2009.

Maybe, but United never had a penalty. If they did and would have scored from it, things could have ended differently. That Eto'o goal was monumental for Pep's career at Barca IMO.

desoe

I'd take everyone but Bayern, Real Madrid and Chelsea. I'm a pessimist about the El Classico and I expect us to be in a kinda fucked up mental state after that. We'd need some time to recover, so let the big guys for the semis. If we qualify for it.

Obvious choice is United, but Dortmund look hurt this season. Plus, we don't have the german curse of Madrid. We could take them out.

Maria

I forgot about who is going to do the draw:

jHBg3XE.jpg

:yucky:

Maybe, but United never had a penalty. If they did and would have scored from it, things could have ended differently. That Eto'o goal was monumental for Pep's career at Barca IMO.

For one, you're forgetting that Bayern also missed a penalty. Also Iniesta's goal was much more important than the one scored by Eto'o. In that final I think it was just a case of Pep's teams starting slowly a game..against Chelsea it looked like we wouldn't score even in 100 years.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead

Actually Bayern has the Pep factor this year, someone who knows Barca like the palm of his hand.

Unless Tata comes up with a surprise of a plan.

Home of Barca Fans