Van Bommel

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Was he this much of a thug when he played here?...I honestly don't remember him being that psycho

That's the funny thing about him, when he's playing for you, you love him, but when he's against you, not so much. I guess same could be said about Busquets.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
That's the funny thing about him, when he's playing for you, you love him, but when he's against you, not so much. I guess same could be said about Busquets.

Thug is thug and I'd slate them if they play for Barca...Busquets if very far down the list of players I like at Barca, actually...His theatrics and antics are lowclass forms of cheating, IMHO...Barca or not, I'd never condone it

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Thug is thug and I'd slate them if they play for Barca...Busquets if very far down the list of players I like at Barca, actually...His theatrics and antics are lowclass forms of cheating, IMHO...Barca or not, I'd never condone it

Oh I agree, absolutely. But if you consider the general consensus on this forum it seems to be that Busquets is a fan favourite and Van Bommel looks to be rather popular with the Dutch fans.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, everyone loves an enforcer I guess...Wish we still had Yaya, at least he was a clean enforcer.

As for the Biscuit, as soon as he learns to play a mature & clean game (consistently), then I'll be back on board with him...If he continues to play that disgusting game of baiting the referee into decisions, he'll remain an outcast player for me

XaviMessiGirl

So sick of this guy, he and De Jong are the worst of the Dutch offenders imo. People like Robben are just divers with a bit of an ego problem, but these guys are just assholes. glad it's all over.

And yeah I don't understand the blind love for Busquets by some people, yes he is a good player and born and bred Catalan, great for the squad and I like him enough, but his theatrics are a little ridiculous. I know diving and theatrics are part of football (Busquets wasn't the only Spaniard guilty of it by any means this WC, and other teams practiced it well and often too) but it's still a problem (2nd Inter match incident was completely pathetic for one thing, one of the worst dives and consequences I've seen in a while)

desoe

At least Busquets is just a diver. MVB is thug & diver in same time, which is such a bad combo.

XaviMessiGirl

25jhank.jpg

This is what Iniesta thinks of you!

J

JamesFoster

Going back to that Final I think Webb should have sent De Jong for that savage karate kick on Xabi. If his foot was 6/9 inches higher he could have broken Xabi's neck. His foot wasn't going vertical. It was going horizontal straight into Xabi's chest/ribcage. That would have set the tone. Every other player would have been on notice. Instead he just carried on dishing out yellow cards.
As for MVB. This guy is a brutal midfield enforcer. He intimidates the smaller faster AM/playmaker. They know about the late studs on the knee 'tackle'. At best that tackle results in nasty bruising. At worst it could end a players career.
I don't understand whu refs don't red card dirty play like that. They are very strict on 2 footed tackles and tackling from directly behind.
The other thing is that this guy played for Barca in the 2006 dream team. Alex Ferguson wanted to sign him for years. He has been a top performer for Bayern and PSV.
If you look at history many great teams have had a notorious butcher. Tommy Smith of Liverpool, Nobby Stiles, Roy Keane, Gattuso, Passarella, Jan Wouters, Patrick Veira, Ferenc Puskas, Greame Souness, Stam, Bergomi etc.
And what about 'The Beast' Miguel Nadal. He was a great defender. But he had no problem pushing his weight around.
But the ultimate enforcer must be this basque gentleman Andoni Goikoetxea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpcBkpOf4z8

Home of Barca Fans