Van Bommel

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Legend, yes. Cunt, absolutely.

I can't think of a player I both love and hate more than the Bomm. Between his antics for the Netherlands and Bayern Munich this year I've wanted to murder him on multiple occasions, but I can't help but admire his continued level of douchebaggery. I will admit to wishing the Uruguayans did more damage to him (and Sneijder) though.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
The funny thing is that, when you hear him in interviews, he seems to be the nicest guy around. He seems to be the footballing version of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde ...

barca96

i would love to see him at arsenal.
and see wenger trying to defend v.bommel's actions.
"oh i ziznt see zat.."(to the dozen red cards of viera) or
"oh he was having a nervous reaction"(bergkamp stamping on a poor player)

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
The funny thing is that, when you hear him in interviews, he seems to be the nicest guy around. He seems to be the footballing version of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde ...

Indeed, he is a very nice guy who just does everything he can to win a match. He has a winners mentality.

The man is simply a legend and unmissable in our team.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Van Bommel should be a lobbyist after he retires. He always manages to become the ref's BFF.....as you guys said, he hardly ever gets booked, while he often deserve to be booked....

He's the key to our success, along with De Jong, Sneijder and Robben. If one of them doesn't play, we usually play a bad match. I mean, De Zeeuw can't dispossess a man as easily as De Jong can, Van Bommel adds stability and aggressiveness (and, on a more negative note,dirtyness) to our midfield, Sneijder is our key playmaker, he's far more of an all-round midfielder than Van der Vaart is, and Robben is our one-trick-pony, always scoring goals when he cuts inside. We've got other useful players too, like Van Persie, Van der Vaart, Kuyt and Elia, but Van Bommel, De Jong, Sneijder and Robben truely are our 'Big Four'.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
im glad you see that de jong is a key player too jess.
de jong is so underrated.

True. Mascherano is not any better than De Jong in my opinion. De Jong is strong in the challenge, he's a decent passer (better than Mascherano), and he's tactically strong. Plus, he showed that he's learned not to get too many yellow cards, as he only collected two yellow cards in 5 matches. For a defensive midfielder, that's not too bad. He's really underrated, you're right.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Landon Donovan had a Q&A with SI.com and this particular answer was amusing to me:

SI.com: You were at Bayern Munich with Dutch midfielder Mark van Bommel. Have you got any good Van Bommel stories?

Donovan: Oh my God, that guy's psycho, man. Honestly, I'm shocked that guy hasn't had 15 yellow cards in this tournament. And somehow, some way he gets away with all these little fouls that he would do in training when I was there. In all the games he gets away with it. But I'll tell you something about the guy: He's an absolute winner. Everywhere he's gone he's won. And you can't take that away from him.

Home of Barca Fans