Trincao (on loan)

BBZ8800

There's a myth that you need forwards who score volumes. What do you want, a player who scores hattricks vs Granada, Leganes and Eibar, or a player like Gnabry that scores big goals away in CL in knockout games?

You need both.
Who will score goals in post Messi era?
Lautaro, Trincao, Puig and Frenkie?

A goal in a CL is nice.
But someone will need to score against Levante and Granada.

Our team doesn't look too promising in goalscoring area in a post-Messi era.

serghei

You need both.
Who will score goals in post Messi era?
Lautaro, Trincao, Puig and Frenkie?

A goal in a CL is nice.
But someone will need to score against Levante and Granada.

Our team doesn't look too promising in goalscoring area in a post-Messi era.

Madrid won the league this season with only one good scorer. While we have Messi and Suarez. You need to wait until Messi and Suarez are gone, and then we can talk about who will score goals. We'll have options, don't worry.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Madrid won the league this season with only one good scorer. While we have Messi and Suarez. You need to wait until Messi and Suarez are gone, and then we can talk about who will score goals. We'll have options, don't worry.

Trincao is 13 years younger than Suarez, he is here to be part of post Suarez/Messi era, in case he succeeded.

Madrid won the league with a great defense.
We won't play that type of football. You need scorer against weaker teams.
At least 2 goid goal scorer from front three. One of the wingers and either no9 or the other winger.

Riordon

Well lets see in a couple of months. I will be surprised if Trincao make it long term here. I think its another case of Cules overrating a Sevilla/Valencia/Roma level player like Arthur. But lets see.

mc_lovin

Well lets see in a couple of months. I will be surprised if Trincao make it long term here. I think its another case of Cules overrating a Sevilla/Valencia/Roma level player like Arthur. But lets see.

Why has it always have to be these extreme opinions with guys like you and BBZ? I dont think anyone here suggests hes nailed on to be the next global superstar and mainstay in our team for 10+ years. The benchmark is much lower for a success.

Riordon

Why has it always have to be these extreme opinions with guys like you and BBZ? I dont think anyone here suggests hes nailed on to be the next global superstar and mainstay in our team for 10+ years. The benchmark is much lower for a success.

Well I dont see anything extreme in what I wrote. If he become a long term starter (nobody mentioned superstar) I will be surprised. I also dont believe he will develop into a good sub. Thats my criteria for success. Whats yours? A couple of good games and glimpses of potential like Arthur or what?

As I said we will see in a couple of months.

mc_lovin

Well I don?t see anything extreme in what I wrote. If he become a long term starter (nobody mentioned superstar) I will be surprised. I also don?t believe he will develop into a good sub. That?s my criteria for success. What?s yours? A couple of good games and glimpses of potential like Arthur or what?

You implied that "Cules" overrated him like usual when the actual discussion was much more nuanced. But whatever. See you in a year or two when you were right all along.

Porque

Both Pedro and his prime and Gnabry now are players who constantly are looking to run in behind and constantly offers penetrative runs. They act and move like attackers. Trincao is not of that mold, he wants the ball at his feet and we already have plenty of those players.

I get you and that's the profile I would love to have too. But then we're not talking about his goalscoring ability but more about his playing style and which we prefer. So far he is giving indication that his output is good however.

serghei

Well I dont see anything extreme in what I wrote. If he become a long term starter (nobody mentioned superstar) I will be surprised. I also dont believe he will develop into a good sub. Thats my criteria for success. Whats yours? A couple of good games and glimpses of potential like Arthur or what?

As I said we will see in a couple of months.

Lol, what are you going to see in a couple of months? Until Messi and Suarez are gone everybody else will play for scraps in offense.

We will only see after Messi and Suarez are gone/retired. Then we can maybe bring the high energy pressing back, more movement, more work-rate, hunger, more speed etc. Things can look different in offense, with those assets being integrated in our game again.

This is a veteran offense we're running atm. Where Messi and Suarez play for each other, get their numbers, and the 3rd player is just used for legs and some goals here and there.

Didn't you see how often Messi and Suarez refuse to pass to Griezmann just to play each other? What are we talking about here?

The best bet is to buy talented young players who could be 23-24 when Messi and Suarez are done, and don't put too much pressure on them. Allow them to develop well.

Last edited:

serghei

The moment the veterans are gone, things we can't implement now because of them, have to be re-integrated in our way of playing. This can open doors that have been closed for us for a good years already. Especially regarding counter-attacking aspects, pressing, positional cohesion and many others. We have sacrificed all that for the sake of the veterans, thinking they are still great and will win us titles. And to be truthful, it kind of worked. But this season things went to shit, and if next season the same happens, they need to be gone.

It's gonna be a different team when that happens. And every talented player who is still around and maybe is not playing his best now with the veterans deciding how we play, can have a shot of making it big. It's the reason why I didn't want Arthur sold even if he didn't play well.

Last edited:

Messi983

Good post @serghei. We should really get a like button back.

I'm just affraid we'll waste Trincao's (and probably Fati's in an extent too though as a homegrown player he'll be pushed more and given more time) future over the next 2-3 years with the amigos and give up on him before he'll have a fair chance to show what he can do in a new, more "healthy" team. But hopefully he'll show enough for us to keep faith in him.

serghei

Good post @serghei. We should really get a like button back.

I'm just affraid we'll waste Trincao's (and probably Fati's in an extent too though as a homegrown player he'll be pushed more and given more time) future over the next 2-3 years with the amigos and give up on him before he'll have a fair chance to show what he can do in a new, more "healthy" team. But hopefully he'll show enough for us to keep faith in him.

Yea, imo, we need to treat them with very low pressure. Otherwise, if we put pressure on them to deliver on a crooked platform, they will be well set up to fail. It's the veterans' team. Fine. Blame them for the shit that is happening and leave the youngsters alone.

FinBarcelonafan

Yea, imo, we need to treat them with very low pressure. Otherwise, if we put pressure on them to deliver on a crooked platform, they will be well set up to fail. It's the veterans' team. Fine. Blame them for the shit that is happening and leave the youngsters alone.

Well said. That's why almost no player looks good in this setup. The setup is made to get the best out of Messi and Suarez. Basically we just need team of runners with them on the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans