Trincao (on loan)

HanDW

He's been tracking back all the match and you expect him to kick the ball into space from 40m vs 2 guys and win.

Vilarrubi

We'll see what happens with Ferran in City and Peter Crouch in Barcelona.

Imagine watching a game with player you dislike (or have a secret fetish over) and posting 5 negative posts about him in the space of an hour........ :lol: :lol:

You got nothing better to do with your time?

Porque

I feel that if Figo come through in todays football that people would complain he doesn't have the pace to play wide.

khaled_a_d

I feel that if Figo come through in todays football that people would complain he doesn't have the pace to play wide.

If Figo came today he would have had to alter his game to suit modern day football. Same can be said about many great former footballers too.
Speed is legitimate concern with Trincao if we are planning to play 433 in the long run.
It isn't like he can't be super successful without it, but the as I said before he gives me flashes of former players we thought can be good wingers and midfielders like Arda/Denis/Coutinho. Players we thought can fill Iniesta's roles in the team but fail to impress in either of them.

Tackle

He does not have the profile to make a big impact for us next season.

Relatively slow left-footed RW that likes roaming half-spaces and cutting inside from the right.

Trincao Heat-Map:

gCvbmNs.jpg

With Messi and Suarez still likely starting every match for us next season what we desperately need is a lightning-rod on the left like Sane.

Sorry to put a damper on the party, but we need to face reality. Maybe if Trincao survives until Messi leaves and we start a new project he can maybe become a decent player for us.

Porque

If Figo came today he would have had to alter his game to suit modern day football. Same can be said about many great former footballers too.
Speed is legitimate concern with Trincao if we are planning to play 433 in the long run.
It isn't like he can't be super successful without it, but the as I said before he gives me flashes of former players we thought can be good wingers and midfielders like Arda/Denis/Coutinho. Players we thought can fill Iniesta's roles in the team but fail to impress in either of them.

To an extent, but there is little difference between the football from Figo gen and this gen. Messi and Figo shared the football world for a few seasons for example. A player with Figo skillset would easily be one of the best in any era, and maybe even better growing up with the improved training and nutritional use of current day.

Trincao definitely lacks pace, you can see me commenting about it earlier on this thread. But pace is not the dealbreaker. He is quickminded (unlike Coutinho), has an understanding of where his teammates are and where to play the ball (unlike Arda) and is able to hold off opponents (unlike Denis), so he has characteristics to succeed in modern football.

The issue is that if we're playing slow as molasses with no aerial or off the ball threat infront of Trincao, then any space he creates (he can consistently create a yard or two of space in any direction without huge pace, something like Figo could do) will be of no avail as he will have no options to advance the ball with a cross or through ball. And people will blame this on his pace.

khaled_a_d

\Trincao definitely lacks pace, you can see me commenting about it earlier on this thread. But pace is not the dealbreaker. He is quickminded (unlike Coutinho), has an understanding of where his teammates are and where to play the ball (unlike Arda) and is able to hold off opponents (unlike Denis), so he has characteristics to succeed in modern football.

Eventually it will come down to this, is he a great player or not. Lack of pace put extra hurdle on his success but it isn't deal breaker.
Coutinho/Arda/Denis all had varying success before coming here, arguably all more than Trincao.

I said it before that difference between a versatile and tweener is how good you are. If you are elite like Iniesta you are versatile player who can play in any position in midfield and wings (Iniesta even played games as wingback and DM under Rijkaard) but if you are less talented you will face the problem of the aforementioned players

Players who has certain position with desired characteristic will always find some role even if they weren't great, even Malcom and Dembele was useful to some extent at certain role, more useful than Denis and probably Arda at least.

That isn't counting the fact that he still occupies same areas that Messi take most of the time. :(

Last edited:

Porque

Eventually it will come down to this, is he a great player or not. Lack of pace put extra hurdle on his success but it isn't deal breaker.
Coutinho/Arda/Denis all had varying success before coming here, arguably all more than Trincao.

I said it before that difference between a versatile and tweener is how good you are. If you are elite like Iniesta you are versatile player who can play in any position in midfield and wings (Iniesta even played games as wingback and DM under Rijkaard) but if you are less talented you will face the problem of the aforementioned players

Players who has certain position with desired characteristic will always find some role even if they weren't great, even Malcom and Dembele was useful to some extent at certain role, more useful than Denis and probably Arda at least.

That isn't counting the fact that he still occupies same areas that Messi take most of the time. :(

100%. Especially the Messi part which Tackle also mentioned.

BTW, what happened to the Like button? Sometimes I don't have anything substantial to add to the conversation (like now) so it is not really worth making a post for, but want to acknowledge the points made.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
100%. Especially the Messi part which Tackle also mentioned.

BTW, what happened to the Like button? Sometimes I don't have anything substantial to add to the conversation (like now) so it is not really worth making a post for, but want to acknowledge the points made.

Forum has been having issues after a host transfer.

I agree with what you are saying.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans