Transfers and Rumours - old thread

mixer

Nope, we won't :D Lest you pay us 50 mill for him, then I might be okay ;)

And LFC are still a big club even if they are going through a slump right now. The 5 CL trophies speak for themselves :D
LFC are a big club, but at the moment, they're not really. They have no chance to win a CL and their liga... Barca with a solid defense is on pair with bayern/real as the favourites

LFC are a big club, but at the moment, they're not really. They have no chance to win a CL and their liga... Barca with a solid defense is a favourite to win the cl imo.

Nah, Bayern are still favorites. We're second favorites at best. And that's a big maybe. It depends on how good this team (especially Tata) turns out to be.

I'm pretty confident we'll be better than we were last season though.

Last edited:

loozy

LFC are a big club, but at the moment, they're not really. They have no chance to win a CL and their liga... Barca with a solid defense is a favourite to win the cl imo.

That is correct, yes, there is no denying that. I was just pointing out that temporary form has nothing to do with what a club is - and LFC are still a big club in that terms. At the moment, they are nowhere close to competing for the CL, never mind the league.

barca1899

Alves: "David Luiz? The problem is not him wanting to come, but Mourinho will not want to make us stronger. It's almost impossible." [md]

Alves knows more about our transfers than Zubi.

:alveshat:>:zubi:

Barcilliant

LFC are a big club, but at the moment, they're not really. They have no chance to win a CL and their liga... Barca with a solid defense is on pair with bayern/real as the favourites

LFC WERE a big club. It would help if their fans stopped harping on about past glories like winning the old European Cup back in the day. I have a soft spot for them because I grew up watching them in England in the late seventies & eighties. The club has never been the same since despite winning the CL in 2005. In a way they are stuck in the past. Its a pity because they have fantastic support-I wish our fans made as much noise as theirs.

mixer

LFC WERE a big club. It would help if their fans stopped harping on about past glories like winning the old European Cup back in the day. I have a soft spot for them because I grew up watching them in England in the late seventies & eighties. The club has never been the same since despite winning the CL in 2005. In a way they are stuck in the past. Its a pity because they have fantastic support-I wish our fans made as much noise as theirs.
That's what I said: "LFC are a big club, but at the moment, they're not really"

Icarium

Lifestealer
Barca should wait for winter transfer season to come and then sign agger, by that they Liverpool will get time to find replacement. There is no need to hurry in this case, we need a player like agger more in the crucial stages of champions league. I don't see Liverpool selling their best cb without having any replacement. Barca should wait and improve our current CB's and buy one tall and strong and little pacy defender( like agger) in winter transfer, then it will give a boost to the squad for knock out stages of champions league. Signing agger now would be a dream for any Culé, but the fact is chances are very less unless we pay more and he forces his move from Liverpool.

One more thing, Liverpool is not a big club any more.

JusTicE_

A Gem Like No Other
@barcastuff:

"Barcelona are preparing a second bid worth 30M for Chelsea player David Luiz. They are willing to pay 35+5M, Chelsea want at least 50M. [md]"

Meitux

The 50 milion is an iconic price really, so Barcelona sees that its not possible of signing him. I don't know what will Chelsea say if Barcelona offers 50 which would be crazy.. He is not worthy even of 35 million for me..

Last edited:

JusTicE_

A Gem Like No Other
The 50 milion is an iconic price really, so Barcelona sees that its not possible of signing him.I don't know what will Chelsea say if Barcelona offers 50 which would be crazy.. He is not worthy even of 35 million for me..

When people are desperate, they take wrong decisions.

Home of Barca Fans