Transfers and Rumours - old thread

P

PhilS

Nah, Bayern are still favorites. We're second favorites at best. And that's a big maybe. It depends on how good this team (especially Tata) turns out to be.

I'm pretty confident we'll be better than we were last season though.

Same four in the CL semis this year as last year. RM bought the right guy in Isco, this could be their year now that their coach is not the enemy of their team.

Meitux

There has been in the start of the transfer window but not lately. Maybe they will get interested if they don't succeed on getting Agger or Luiz..

mixer

has there been any recent reports that barca are actually considering mathieu or is that just forum talk
Mathieu (Valencia): "Barça rumour? I don't know if it's true, I'm calm. If they're interested, we'll see what happens. Can't say no to them"

While Valencia defender Jeremy Mathieu (29) has a general buyout clause of 20M after his renewal, the buyout fee for Barcelona is lower [md]

nothing serious, but he seems the most possible option and the reports say we were actually considering him

JusTicE_

A Gem Like No Other
Mourinho: "If Barcelona need a central defender my advice is that they have to go to the second name they have in the list because they are wasting their time"

Rafael Hernandez: "Garay hasn't been linked with Barcelona because Real Madrid forced Benfica to put an anti-Barça clause."

^ Is that true?

Last edited:

Bertus

So now there's medias talking about Bale going to MU? :lol:

Here what i gathered here in France:

- As said before Perez can't pay 100M because no bank wants to lend him that money.
- Levy refused Perez's offer which was 20M each year over 5 or 6 years.
- Levy is frustrated by Perez's behavior. Disliked what they talked about. Disliked that he talked to the medias.
- Levy started talking with MU
- Both parties are trying to find a deal.
- MU seems to not be able to pay 100M straight, so they try to pay with money + a player. So same situation that with Madrid, but Levy prefers to deal with MU now.
- Perez had informal talks with Liverpool to see if he could get suarez if he fails to get Bale.
- NO ONE is talking about what Bale wants as if he was just a lifeless merchandise :lol:

Last edited:

mazp

David Luiz (Chelsea): "Barça? I'm with Brazil now, and I only talk about that. You can ask what you want, I won't say anything." [via as]

Luiz acting coy. I think negotiations are ongoing, if he was staying at Chelsea he would have said so. Should be done by the end of the week, hopefully.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Probably just a load of crap and not reliable at all, but I just read this user comment on bleacher report and found it interesting enough to post it:

i cant tell for sure since i have heard from another persons mouth , but one of my close friends who work at my organisation he told me that his brother works as a Barca Scout. He told me that his friend was in France last week to look after two young defensive prospects Barca are interested in and one to acquire at least this season.Now due to secrecy he did not told him the names and hence i dont have the slightest idea who those two defenders are.Also he told him that Barca are following a very quiet pursuit and wants to delay the news of their activity to the press as late as possible.
I know that information is not very helpful but at least that must be a bit assurance to all the cules here many of whom i have seen are very much eager to see barca sign a CB and have been disheartened thinking barca is not pursuing anybody else except Luiz and agger.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
David Luiz (Chelsea): "Barça? I'm with Brazil now, and I only talk about that. You can ask what you want, I won't say anything." [via as]

Luiz acting coy. I think negotiations are ongoing, if he was staying at Chelsea he would have said so. Should be done by the end of the week, hopefully.
yeah man...

David Luiz and a promising young defender please! We could as well offload Song if we make those two transfers

spark

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Tomorrow there will be a meeting to discuss centre back issue. Martino has last word on new bids or no transfer this summer. [cadena ser]</p>— barcastuff (@barcastuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff/statuses/366998373074608128">August 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Home of Barca Fans