Toni Kroos

Unbiased United

Probably absolute bollocks, but it keeps muppet United fans like me giddy until the obvious let down.....

"@Malachians: Uli Hesse saying right now that the Tony Kroos situation is not about money it's about his ambition wanting to play for Man Utd"

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Read that Pep said something along the lines of "He is important. But things can change quickly in football. Here today, there tomorrow."

If what's been said to the press is to be believed, then Kroos isn't exactly unsettled at Bayern but is eager to move. I really wonder what his motive is because logically, there's no reason for him to move. He's been one of the most central figures at Bayern, surpassing Schweinsteiger and remaining ahead of Thiago.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Read that Pep said something along the lines of "He is important. But things can change quickly in football. Here today, there tomorrow."

If what's been said to the press is to be believed, then Kroos isn't exactly unsettled at Bayern but is eager to move. I really wonder what his motive is because logically, there's no reason for him to move. He's been one of the most central figures at Bayern, surpassing Schweinsteiger and remaining ahead of Thiago.

What he said was, exactly, "Kroos is an important player, for me and Bayern. If he renews with Bayern, he won't do that for me. Normally, players stay longer than their coaches. But in football, it is like that: Here today, there tomorrow." Part of that strange wording is down to his German, though.

I agree, it does sound like Kroos is looking to move. The way I understood Rummenigge's and his own comments and based on how he has talked about himself in the past, I guess he doesn't feel appreciated enough by the club and would like to be in one wage class with Schweinsteiger etc, which Bayern are unwilling to offer. But then again, he's always talked wanting to move abroad some day, and he's less rooted at Bayern than Bavarian players like Lahm or Schweinsteiger are.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is unrealistic to expect the salary of Schweinsteiger's and I don't think that is what Kroos is going after, I think he wants to be paid 8m, which is what Goetze is making. When Alaba renewed recently, Bayern paid him too much, 7m I believe, which really set a bad precedent.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What he said was, exactly, "Kroos is an important player, for me and Bayern. If he renews with Bayern, he won't do that for me. Normally, players stay longer than their coaches. But in football, it is like that: Here today, there tomorrow." Part of that strange wording is down to his German, though.

I agree, it does sound like Kroos is looking to move. The way I understood Rummenigge's and his own comments and based on how he has talked about himself in the past, I guess he doesn't feel appreciated enough by the club and would like to be in one wage class with Schweinsteiger etc, which Bayern are unwilling to offer. But then again, he's always talked wanting to move abroad some day, and he's less rooted at Bayern than Bavarian players like Lahm or Schweinsteiger are.

I also never thought he was among the die-hard Bayern loyalist players. Having the same wages as Schweinsteiger is too much to ask, he'd deserve around 6m or maybe 7m. I understand that he has ambitions to move and try new places, but why at the time when the situation around him is near perfect? He's establishing a defined role for himself, has a set future at the club, and is one of the most executive players in controlling their play.

If it's a power-play to get wages, then it'll probably end without much fuss considering his non-troubling attitude. If it really is a desire to leave, then Bayern have lost a very good player. Of course, they still have depth in Thiago, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Højbjerg, and Gotze (who should play as an AM rather than winger or false 9).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am pretty sure Kroos is staying. He is one of the most vital players in Guardiola's system, together with Goetze, they are Bayern's future. There is no reason for him to leave.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I also never thought he was among the die-hard Bayern loyalist players. Having the same wages as Schweinsteiger is too much to ask, he'd deserve around 6m or maybe 7m. I understand that he has ambitions to move and try new places, but why at the time when the situation around him is near perfect? He's establishing a defined role for himself, has a set future at the club, and is one of the most executive players in controlling their play.

If it's a power-play to get wages, then it'll probably end without much fuss considering his non-troubling attitude. If it really is a desire to leave, then Bayern have lost a very good player. Of course, they still have depth in Thiago, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Højbjerg, and Gotze (who should play as an AM rather than winger or false 9).

Regarding that loyalist bit: Despite coming from their academy, he's from Northern Germany, not Bavaria, and thus probably doesn't identify with Bayern's Bavarian cult as much as the likes of Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Müller or even Alaba (I would say Austria is closer to Bavaria than Northern Germany, and I don't mean from a geographical point of view) do. That cult does still play an important role at Bayern (not very different from Barcelona tbh, but probably even more extreme). So that, by default, makes him more "unsettled" than those. I don't really understand his motivation either. Perhaps it is that bit of extra stardom or the prospect of arriving at a struggling top club as a saviour figure, similar to how Özil did at Arsenal or, to a lesser extent, Mata at United. He's not someone who is too shy to demand a certain status or role for himself (as he did with Low in the past), so perhaps he finds the idea of being one of *the* top stars, rather than Ribéry/Schweini etc taking the spotlight, appealing. That is pure speculation though. Football-wise, I don't think it makes sense for him either. Still, I don't really doubt that Bayern will sort it out sooner or later.

barcanuck

Kroos plays CM/DM/CAM so his direct competition is:

Lahm
Shweini
Martinez
Thiago

Lahm complicated things when Pep came because he was moved to CM/DM and he is #1 on Pep's list compared to last year when Jupp would rotate all of them and Lahm was not on this list. I think Kroos is feeling a little lagged on the depth chart this year which explains his situation.

DB10

Lahm & Schweinsteiger are approaching or are in their 30's. Kroos is 24. No way they sell him. They're not stupid like Chelsea.

AfricanBavarian

I'll say it again pay da man!!!

What a GOLAZO by Toni Kroos!

19-02-2014-GifNumber-163.gif

Home of Barca Fans