Thomas Lemar

5ergio_Busquets

There's also the part of Lemar being a significantly better player, but yeah, if you ignore that they're about the same tbh

Where is he significantly better? In which Cl game was he really great? Because I don't care about the amateur league called ligue1.
He was really bad against Juventus in the CL semifinal and I judge players by their performance in those big games.
He is young and maybe he can become a great player, but at the moment he isn't.
I don't mind signing him but for a reasonable price, 100m is way too much for him even in this crazy market.

5ergio_Busquets

Since when is Bob a LW, RW or AM? Bob's role in the midfield is more of a box to box type CM anyway, which is actually hindered by Paulinho's arrival more than anything else. And if we get Lemar, he will likely replace Neymar and play LW which is his natural and best position. Imagine Lemar Suarez and Dembele and Messi...

He can't replace neymar, he is a very different type of player.

5ergio_Busquets

Sure, but what are our options? Playing Dembele on the left? Deulofeu? Arda? Di Maria oh God please no...

No No, no Di Maria and definitely no Arda. I think Dembele is the closest player to Neymar in terms of style we could have got this summer and I think he can do well there.
Sure he will need some time to adapt and to reach the level of Neymar but I think it will be worth the wait. 4-2-3-1 will probably the best solution to fix the midfield.

Paulinho Busquets

Messi Iniesta/Rakitic/Roberto Dembele

Suarez

Last edited:

God Serena

Where is he significantly better? In which Cl game was he really great? Because I don't care about the amateur league called ligue1.
He was really bad against Juventus in the CL semifinal and I judge players by their performance in those big games.
He is young and maybe he can become a great player, but at the moment he isn't.
I don't mind signing him but for a reasonable price, 100m is way too much for him even in this crazy market.

He's a better dribbler and a better goal scorer and also a better passer of the ball. Roberto isn't the best in any of these areas but compensates by being hard working and positions himself well while also not being afraid to power forward with the ball at his feet when he has space. It's really night and day to me, I'm puzzled by how you could even compare the two. So what if he was bad against Juventus? It's not like our entire damn team wasn't made out to be a bunch of amateurs against that same opponent. Unless you think Roberto playing midfield would have been what saved us. :rolleyes:

5ergio_Busquets

He's a better dribbler and a better goal scorer and also a better passer of the ball. Roberto isn't the best in any of these areas but compensates by being hard working and positions himself well while also not being afraid to power forward with the ball at his feet when he has space. It's really night and day to me, I'm puzzled by how you could even compare the two. So what if he was bad against Juventus? It's not like our entire damn team wasn't made out to be a bunch of amateurs against that same opponent. Unless you think Roberto playing midfield would have been what saved us. :rolleyes:

Trust me I'm not a fan of Roberto and you can see that in my previous comments on him. Lemar is good and he is better than Robero, but not MUCH BETTER and that's what wee need: A much better player. I would really like signing him for 50-60m and in this crazy market max 80m but not more than that. Next year we can sign Griezmann for 100m!
My point is that 100m is an extreme overpay for a player that WOULD improve the team but not significantly. I was for overpaying for Coutinho because his signing would mean a massive improvement and an immediate impact.

Jay Jay

Lemar: "I am going to make a good season with my club, to try to progress and move forward in my career with Monaco. I'm happy here."

Leo, again, it's all on you.

God Serena

Trust me I'm not a fan of Roberto and you can see that in my previous comments on him. Lemar is good and he is better than Robero, but not MUCH BETTER and that's what wee need: A much better player. I would really like signing him for 50-60m and in this crazy market max 80m but not more than that. Next year we can sign Griezmann for 100m!
My point is that 100m is an extreme overpay for a player that WOULD improve the team but not significantly. I was for overpaying for Coutinho because his signing would mean a massive improvement and an immediate impact.

Signing Lemar wouldn't replace Roberto, he'd replace a Gomes or an Arda. Why would we bump out our best backup with a new signing when we could bump out the dead weight?

5ergio_Busquets

Signing Lemar wouldn't replace Roberto, he'd replace a Gomes or an Arda. Why would we bump out our best backup with a new signing when we could bump out the dead weight?

I would like Arda and Gomes to be replaced by two bottles of water, as the latters would help the team more.
If Lemar's signing for 100m would mean the departure of Arda and Gomes I say: SIGN HIM NOW!

Home of Barca Fans