Thomas Lemar

Chainsaw

Killahead
I doubt they will, SPORT says they were "shocked" by the number. Probably wanted to offer 60m.

They should be. They wasted the whole summer beating the dead horse. What could they expect in the last day of an inflated market? Both Lemar and Dembele, even Coutinho could be bought for lesser amounts had they moved earlier for them, before selling Neymar.

Catta

City got Bernardo Silva for 50 mil at the start of the summer. Instead of chasing Coutinho for the whole summer we could have gotten him and have great young starters in Lemar and Dembele. This failed transfer will haunt Barca just like the Isco one

kilian

After today`s game I understand the comparison with Iniesta. He`s not at that level yet, maybe never will be, but the potential is here.

El Flaco

Thomas Lemar’s father son’s strengths and weaknesses in an interview with Ouest France

“He is not at 100% of what he can do. Even today, he still plays a little bit with the handbrake on, he is not completely liberated. Technically, he is capable of a lot more. First and foremost he is a central player, a creator or a supporting attacker. He started on the wing, he still plays there, but he is not a player who explodes forward, who you are going to send to chase balls. He is more creative with great vision, who plays in small spaces. He can and knows how to beat men 1 on 1, but his biggest strength is his passing. Today, in Monaco’s system, he has a lot of freedom to come centrally.”

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2017/thomas-lemars-father-he-is-not-at-100-of-what-he-can-do/

Monaco Vice President Vadim Vasilyev on the situation about Lemar and how Monaco kept him in his interview with TASS

“It was not easy. Thomas wanted to go to Arsenal and to Liverpool, but we had discussions and we took a communal decision so that he could stay here. He is a very important player for us. We could not have sold him, it would have affected the entire team and the individuals.”

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...omas-lemar-wanted-to-go-to-liverpool-arsenal/

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Higher ceiling imo.
I would not like Coutinho at Barca anyway. Especially not for the rumored numbers which are ridiculous. Lemar is still raw and Coutinho is obviously more experienced but I think the French is more versatile. If Lemar continues his development, he will become a better player than Coutinho.

Home of Barca Fans