Thierry Henry

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Challenges in the NFL are pretty damn accurate. Are you against adding the extra assistant refs or are you a purist?

they're not 100% though, are they? which is supposed to be the point of them.

the only area I support technology is for "did the ball cross the line?" incidents because that's a matter of physical empirical fact and literally WILL take five seconds to confirm.

however using video replays to aid in refereeing decisions is a very slippery slope which I would much rather football doesn't get on.

and yes I am in favour of extra assistant refs. it will aid in so many decisions but keep the human factor in football, which is imperative.

there HAS to be mistakes made. I'm sorry, but that's just part of football.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Although I'm less of a technophobe than Meta he does have a good point about the "slippery slope" as anybody who follows cricket will be aware. Even in the slow moving world of test match cricket a farce managed to occur in the Windies - England series when the powers that be thought it would be a bright idea to introduce an appeals system.

J

justin

Justin in non-Cesc post shocker! I'm not quite sure when Henry is meant to have played in South America though.
He plays with players from South America at Barcelona.

Obviously players in Barcelona are encouraged to cheat.
[YOUTUBE]yrifqshUtPk[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]UgfRCa71Kmw[/YOUTUBE]
DISGRACEFUL!!

Henry is surrounded by a culture of cheating day in day out. Messi is a decent player, but he is a big cheat. Mourinho even say Messi should go to the theatre, and Messi and others like Inesta and that guy with curly hair were diving for fun against Man U in the champions league final. There's also the issue of Barcelona constantly blatantly tapping up and using the media to unsettle players like Cesc and Ronaldo. These are sort of influences that Henry is surrounded by.

But of course Platini and Blatter will do nothing about this because of their dislike of their anglophobia. Chelsea get banned and Barcelona and Real Madrid get off Scott free for constantly tapping up players.
What an absolute joke.
http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/releases/newsid=107760.html

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
There were a fair few South Americans at Arsenal....and Robert Pires.

But of course Platini and Blatter will do nothing about this because of their dislike of their anglophobia. Chelsea get banned and Barcelona and Real Madrid get off Scott free for constantly tapping up players.
What an absolute joke.

I suggest you look up the meaning of the word "anglophobia" since it in no way applies here.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He plays with players from South America at Barcelona.

Obviously players in Barcelona are encouraged to cheat.

DISGRACEFUL!!

Henry is surrounded by a culture of cheating day in day out. Messi is a decent player, but he is a big cheat. Mourinho even say Messi should go to the theatre, and Messi and others like Inesta and that guy with curly hair were diving for fun against Man U in the champions league final. There's also the issue of Barcelona constantly blatantly tapping up and using the media to unsettle players like Cesc and Ronaldo. These are sort of influences that Henry is surrounded by.

What an absolute joke.

Yeah! That's why some times I even feel like giving up on Barca and support Arsenal, at least they have the greatest MF in Cesc! But then I'd look at this!!
[YOUTUBE]pkhQuZnVHGc[/YOUTUBE]
Don't know what to do :(

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
to be fair apart from that horrendous pompey dive I don't think pires ever took a tumble that much, he's just very soft and girly so couldn't stand up to a lot of challenges. awesome player though.

now freddie ljungberg... THERE was a diver.

anyway this isn't something poor innocent titi has picked up from his team-mates. he pretty much never cheated but then after the paris final where he got booked for being fouled by puyol (or was it rafa?) he went on that rant and pretty much said he was gonna start cheating coz everyone else was doing it.

since then, his game has been peppered with dives and such. this handball is just an extension of that.

desperate men do desperate things.

B

blueduck

I judge him by his actions.

To stay current just compare his behaviour in the cases Eduardo and Henry.
With your words: Disgrace! ;)

If you read it he says he knew that Eduardo dived and he was wrong but he has to protect his players.

Go on, give it a read, you know you want to! ;)

J

justin

Well Ireland is part British Isles and close enough to England for Platini and Blatter to dislike them.

If this was the other way around I bet that Platini and Blatter would ban Ireland from all competitions and award the game to France.

It makes me sick how Platini and Blatter are always putting down anything do do with the British Isles and praising anything to do with France, Italy or Spain.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Well Ireland is part British Isles and close enough to England for Platini and Blatter to dislike them.

If this was the other way around I bet that Platini and Blatter would ban Ireland from all competitions and award the game to France.

It makes me sick how Platini and Blatter are always putting down anything do do with the British Isles and praising anything to do with France, Italy or Spain.

Brilliant Justin. That's the best conspiracy theory ever....the Republic is bordered by N. Ireland, which is part of Great Britain which England forms a significant part of so this MUST be part of the great anti-English conspiracy....because to a Swiss and a Frenchman we're all the same. I can see you've been working on this for quite some time.

Vecellio

NFL is by nature a stop-start game. Football isn't.

Keane is a thug who will put the boot in at any opportunity. He is quite the bitter man, although i do admit his directness can be amusing, even refreshing. But i wouldn't call him balanced at all, his rage gets in the way.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans