Thierry Henry

Evil

Shabazz
Yeaa.. Maybe Iniesta can retire as well, he's been injured a lot recently. I think the only useful player in our squad is :ibra:

Co0ter

I totally agree, he was shite first half but started making runs and getting balls across in the second. Pep should have taken off Keita for Iniesta.

I completely agree, he was playing well and made a few great crosses - people should of been there to collect them. I've always thought Hank is a great player and was excited when he came to Barca. He did pretty well last season, good stats but overall I'm not completely happy with him. I want to see a more exciting player; a player who's gonna take on that one defender and go for goal. Messi used to do it all the time but he hasn't lately - mostly hasn't since much of the second half of last season. Then again it might be because every team plays an 11 man defense against us now...

Anyway Hank is predictable...slow sprint then cut with right foot and pass...or push ball forward past defender and cry to cross with left foot...He just isn't a winger, period. I think Ibra is a great addition to the squad but he was an Eto'o replacement...when realistically Hank was an ideal one as well. He is 32 but still in good shape and as a CF you dont even really need to be that quick; just need a vision for goal...and thats exactly his forte. Could of just spent some of that 40 million on a world class natural winger. The fact tho that he's done pretty well in an unfamiliar position that doesn't utilize his strengths really just shows how classy and talented he really is.

Regardless...I'm going to go take a nap and dream of Pato as our left winger... /drool

lol cooter Henry in hes prime, untouchable an unplayable. He had every attribute in a player an still does. And to say Henry just sat at CF is absurd. Really you did not watch him over the 8 years at Arsenal.

I say for you cooter to go back and get every single Arsenal game, CL games, league games, FA cup games, Carling Cup games an watch him play, you will soon change your mind of him. He NEVER just sat at CF. Get your facts right mate.

Woops, that one almost squeeked by hehe. I didn't intend for you to take it as all he did was stand infront of the net....he did much more. He was the breath of life in Arsenal; everyone knows that. He was behind much of the brilliance in Arsenal. However as a striker and goal scorer, he indeed lurked infront of the net and scored most of his goals that way. You can argue that he's a brilliant player and he is, but I'm right.

Ronaldo...I mean, come on dude... He basically played around with players and goalies like he was still playing in the streets of Rio. He was DOMINATING unlike any other player. Hank was great but he didn't have that fearless presence that Ronaldo had. Ronaldo didn't just have a vison for goal - he TOOK IT to the goal. He literally had no weakness. He could caress or blast a ball with both feet, had a bag full of tricks that he used non-stop when he didnt even need to- he could easily just have blown them away with his speed. He had the dexterity of Messi but a bigger frame to fight off defenders. He had vision to link up with other players and absurdly consistent- a half chance was a goal for him.

I respect how Henry is "that player" for you. But when I watch Henry play in my head I'm like "wow, that is a extremely talented footballer". But I've seen players like him before; he offered nothing significant to me - I'd seen a great footballer before. Ronaldo tho, there is no one like him. No player that you can say "yep, that guy played like Ronaldo" b/c a player like that doesnt exist.

To the fat prick Ronaldo guy. He's 32 and been through two "career ending" knee injuries. His time is over, he knows he'll never be able to play top notch football in europe again. He also didn't just have a great year in Barcelona.....he had an amazing career at Inter as well. He also played great for a while in Real Madrid...when he wasn't hurt. I also read that he didn't want to leave Barcelona and it was more over a dispute. And he went to Madrid; who cares?! lol Rival or not, does it really matter. The whole I'm an X fan so I hate X team is ridiculous. Grow up please :lol:

Last edited:
F

FCB_Titi_LB

u really think some1 is gonna read such a long text?

1st paragraph was good and i read it

Evil

Shabazz
Yes, I'm going to read it. No one's forcing you to read it so stop discouraging other members from posting.

Nirre_99

I rate Henry at his best seasons in the PL as one of the worlds best forwards.

It is still a mystery to me that he never got the reward (player of the year.. name escapes me atm.. and I blame that on it being late and me being slightly drunk) for it during one of those years.

In his prime, I think he can be compared to Ronaldo etc.

B

beautifulgame

Haha. You can't pay attention to anything over three lines? Don't read much huh?

Nice post on Ronaldo Cooter. He was the king.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I`m not worried about Henry`s fitness or his age. He looks pretty good for a 32 y.o. It`s his motivation that could pose a problem. And Pep wanted to avoid it as well as he planned to replace both Eto and Henry. Unfortunately, market went crazy and we did`t have the most capable person in charge of the transfers to begin with.

B

beautifulgame

Now that would have been great: If we would have gotten Ibra for a decent price without having to swap cash plus Eto'o. I don't know what Pep would have arranged tactically but I think we would be much more potent in attack.

I completely agree, he was playing well and made a few great crosses - people should of been there to collect them. I've always thought Hank is a great player and was excited when he came to Barca. He did pretty well last season, good stats but overall I'm not completely happy with him. I want to see a more exciting player; a player who's gonna take on that one defender and go for goal. Messi used to do it all the time but he hasn't lately - mostly hasn't since much of the second half of last season. Then again it might be because every team plays an 11 man defense against us now...

Anyway Hank is predictable...slow sprint then cut with right foot and pass...or push ball forward past defender and cry to cross with left foot...He just isn't a winger, period. I think Ibra is a great addition to the squad but he was an Eto'o replacement...when realistically Hank was an ideal one as well. He is 32 but still in good shape and as a CF you dont even really need to be that quick; just need a vision for goal...and thats exactly his forte. Could of just spent some of that 40 million on a world class natural winger. The fact tho that he's done pretty well in an unfamiliar position that doesn't utilize his strengths really just shows how classy and talented he really is.

Regardless...I'm going to go take a nap and dream of Pato as our left winger... /drool

Woops, that one almost squeeked by hehe. I didn't intend for you to take it as all he did was stand infront of the net....he did much more. He was the breath of life in Arsenal; everyone knows that. He was behind much of the brilliance in Arsenal. However as a striker and goal scorer, he indeed lurked infront of the net and scored most of his goals that way. You can argue that he's a brilliant player and he is, but I'm right.

Ronaldo...I mean, come on dude... He basically played around with players and goalies like he was still playing in the streets of Rio. He was DOMINATING unlike any other player. Hank was great but he didn't have that fearless presence that Ronaldo had. Ronaldo didn't just have a vison for goal - he TOOK IT to the goal. He literally had no weakness. He could caress or blast a ball with both feet, had a bag full of tricks that he used non-stop when he didnt even need to- he could easily just have blown them away with his speed. He had the dexterity of Messi but a bigger frame to fight off defenders. He had vision to link up with other players and absurdly consistent- a half chance was a goal for him.

I respect how Henry is "that player" for you. But when I watch Henry play in my head I'm like "wow, that is a extremely talented footballer". But I've seen players like him before; he offered nothing significant to me - I'd seen a great footballer before. Ronaldo tho, there is no one like him. No player that you can say "yep, that guy played like Ronaldo" b/c a player like that doesnt exist.

To the fat prick Ronaldo guy. He's 32 and been through two "career ending" knee injuries. His time is over, he knows he'll never be able to play top notch football in europe again. He also didn't just have a great year in Barcelona.....he had an amazing career at Inter as well. He also played great for a while in Real Madrid...when he wasn't hurt. I also read that he didn't want to leave Barcelona and it was more over a dispute. And he went to Madrid; who cares?! lol Rival or not, does it really matter. The whole I'm an X fan so I hate X team is ridiculous. Grow up please :lol:

Respect your opinion, you seemed to know what your talking about. But I want you to tell me, you said you have seen players like him before? tell me who I Don't think I ever have to be honest, he is one of a kind.

Zincubus

Banned
Was one of a kind maybe !

I think he's lost his pace and hunger to be honest. He looks like he did in his last years at Arsenal .... lethargic , careless with his passes and control etc etc

WE should have got a good left sided [;ayer in the summer instead of Kerrison in my humble opinion.

nebeer

Love is All
Was one of a kind maybe !

I think he's lost his pace and hunger to be honest. He looks like he did in his last years at Arsenal .... lethargic , careless with his passes and control etc etc

WE should have got a good left sided [;ayer in the summer instead of Kerrison in my humble opinion.

Best of luck to Henry this season. I hope he can still give stellar performances. For the left sided role I would love to see Arshavin or Aguero come into Barca.

Home of Barca Fans