Thibaut Courtois

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think this is the wrong move from Madrid. Should have gone for Alisson instead. Fits their style of play much better.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Chelsea sold Real Madrid their star keeper and as a part of the deal, they are getting Kovacic on loan just to help Real Madrid develop him. Huh? Why is Chelsea so stupid? What are they getting out of this?

DonAK

Chelsea sold Real Madrid their star keeper and as a part of the deal, they are getting Kovacic on loan just to help Real Madrid develop him. Huh? Why is Chelsea so stupid? What are they getting out of this?

A player free on loan that could potentially help them get back to CL place again.

And if Kovacic does well and develops under Sarri he might want to stay there.

Real Madrid's golden period is over now.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think Madrid wasted their money. Navas is good and they have the young Russian coming through.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
A player free on loan that could potentially help them get back to CL place again.

And if Kovacic does well and develops under Sarri he might want to stay there.

Real Madrid's golden period is over now.

There is no buy option, right? And I am not sure how much help Kovacic will give them.

I am not sure about the last sentence.

DonAK

There is no buy option, right? And I am not sure how much help Kovacic will give them.

I am not sure about the last sentence.

I don't believe so, but I think it will be hard to convince Kovacic to come back to uncertainty if he becomes a starter in Chelsea and Sarri plays a style of football that can help him play to his potential.

They are not favorites for the CL anymore. Their main player now is Bale who is a great player, but injury prone and unreliable. They have less quality depth and their core is aging. They lost their main goalscorer that has been on fire in the CL. They still have the great FBs and midfield, but they have no reliable goalscorer now.

Devils

I wonder what happens to Navas now, he must feel like shit getting replaced after being such a great keeper for Real during their golden run. Lolz.

DonAK

Good move for Courtois though. He even wanted to return to Atletico just so he could be closer to his kids in Madrid. He got what he wanted and got to play for a better club.

Home of Barca Fans