Thibaut Courtois

Donatello

Chelsea will let him rot on the stands the whole season.

Exactly.

Chelsea ditched their club legend in Petr Cech, for him. I doubt they're going to let him go cheap.

Not sure if he is much better than Navas, who is really underrated.

Definitely not better than Navas ATM. But, they're probably going for him because he is young and one of the best GK available.

And yeah, Navas is really underrated. He is tailor made for RM defense, suits perfectly to their playstyle

khaled_a_d

Not sure if he is much better than Navas, who is really underrated.

Courtois is better, not by so much and I agree that Navas is underrated.
But with 1 year left Courtois will come relatively cheap, around 5-6 years younger and usually taller GK last more than short ones. So it is a good deal for RM tbf

El Flaco

[tw]1026944613263847424[/tw]

COPE: Courtois to Real Madrid done, 5 year €35M contract. Official announcement tomorrow.

Arizona Scott

Courtois is great. Arguably the best in the world overall and def top 5--probably after De Gea's world cup it pretty much settled it for them on where to go. However TC (also true for DDG) not ideal for their style and like any keeper can't paste over everything. Navas is very very good IMO. Liverpool did well to get Alisson early, and less than the reported fee for Kepa (crazy), and way way less than Oblak's release clause.

Chelsea has no choice in this one and I think it hurt them way more than it helps Madrid.

Home of Barca Fans